Having a preference for female friends...

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Having a preference for female friends...

Post by Anne Bonny »

I find in widening my circle of people who know that I have surrounded myself with women which as is evident is my preference. I do not have male friends and that part of myself has no attraction for the way men are, I much prefer being with and around women. So I have a niece on my wife's side, an old flame but she does not know though when we were dating back in the late 80's I had told her my secret was I always wanted to know what it was like to be a woman...which kind of ended that relationship...yet...here she turns up again, knowing my wife and myself and wanting to be supportive...I have pondered telling her but have not. There is another lady who started corresponding with me on a dating site as her mother has Alzheimer's and I eventually told her. Seems once women know they are much more comfortable talking to you and sharing things as if you are also considered to be a woman and I do like that closeness the advice and the sharing that comes out of it all. Our sitter knows and is very accepting, our Hospice Aid, Nurse, Social Worker and Lady Chaplain and several of the nurses now gone all knew about me.

I really do prefer being with women and around them and their acceptance and knowing I am also feminine inside to a great extent a lot of the time. There are of course women I have excluded my wife's mother and friend, and an older sister and the younger of my two older sisters who sadly told me do whatever but that she did not really want to discuss it any further.

Well I am willing to bet many of us have a preference for women friends but wonder if others prefer men or a mix.
? Or if this is also true of yourself?
Go with the flow
Stephanie M
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: Having a preference for female friends...

Post by Stephanie M »

I usually find myself hanging out with the girls. At work I have 2 female friends that know about Stephanie. We have become more like sisters than just friends since I revealed.
Well, we all have a face
That we hide away forever
And we take them out
And show ourselves when everyone has gone
Andi B
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Andi B »

Same. I have opened up to a few of my male friends, only the ones I know are wise and emotional enough to hold that conversation well, but I prefer talking with my 'girls.' You can usually tell if this is a person who would be understanding if you know them a little, and all the girls my intuition has pointed out were not only helpful but excited to be a part of helping me. And it's not that we just talk about fashion and makeup, it's normal conversation. I think it's just like you said, we want to feel more feminine and that may have a large factor in it. Just don't let it get in the way of male friends should you have any. For myself I'm always considering if I'm being selective, which is wrong.
And if, you don't love me now
You will never love me again
I can still hear you saying
You would never break the chain
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

I have no preference.

As long as they are cool and down to earth, then that's all that matters to me.

Having said that, a lot of people don't really know about Emma... not yet anyways. I have been coming out to some, and so far so good. Will that cause change with people I associate with? Will I develop a preference for hanging out with the girls? Who knows? Wait and see, right? All I know is that I would never want to lose those friends that are closest to me.