Where is your city on LGBTQ issues?

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Amanda R
Miss Platinum Goddess

Where is your city on LGBTQ issues?

Post by Amanda R »

Found this in my morning news feed and it got me to thinking. What is the policy in other large cities and their attitude to the TG community?

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/l ... 102569790/
"We may have all come on different ships but we are in the same boat now."
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Re: Where is your city on LGBTQ issues?

Post by Anne Bonny »

That's great! Gee wonder if I would feel comfortable going to something like that...appropriate clothes of course probably jeans top tennis shoes....purse... But I do not see that happening here in my city! Oh well.
Go with the flow
Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

My grandfather always told me never say never and never say always. It may not happen tomorrow or the next day Anne but eventually perhaps Anne. There is always hope!
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr
DeniseL
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by DeniseL »

We are fortunate up here in Ottawa Ontario that we have good liason with the Police, Fire and paramedcs
The pride Parade here is the largest one other than Toronto, and during Pride week, a flag will fly from one of the flag poles at City hall,

Since i moved here close to 8 years ago now can say i have had not problems, but like in any other city one has to be vigilent as to where you go at night.

Denise
Denise_Love
a girl that likes Camping
DeniseL
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by DeniseL »

Sitting here wth the Noon news on in the Background/

We may have made another mile stone here, in Honour of Canadas 150th anniviersaru. the Pride Flag, LGBTQ Flag were hoisted on poles on the front lawn of Canadas Parliament buildings to-day

Also we have a bill in the Senate to add Gender Diversity to our Canadian Bill of Rights and it is hopeful the vote will be to-day or to-morrow

=D>

Denise
Denise_Love
a girl that likes Camping