Gender Fluid article

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Gender Fluid article

Post by KimberlyS »

I thought this is an interesting article. Especially for those of us in the middle of the gender spectrum.

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/life/gen ... definition" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Re: Gender Fluid article

Post by DonnaT »

They often feel gender dysphoria . . .
I don't know that I agree with that statement. Seems more binary oriented.
DonnaT
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

I did not agree with the whole article either, but thought it was interesting and another article getting information out to others that is not a bad one. Getting decent information out to people is a very good thing IMHO.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
April Rose
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by April Rose »

I agree, Kimberly. It is interesting that this is a millennial concept, or seems at least to be attached to the millennials, it seems as if having grown up witness to the struggles over gender and sexual identity and human rights that have come to public attention during the maturing of our generation, they are coming into their own understanding and have something to say that is well worth listening to.

For myself I am looking with great interest at the concept of gender fluidity, because I see a lot of myself in it. As much as I like pretty clothes, it's not just about the clothes to me. On the other hand , I'm certain that I am not transsexual. My day to day home life, of late, is that of a housewife, but I interact with the world outside of the house as a male. I have come to a fairly comfortable accommodation with this, and the family and friends closest to us are aware of my gender issues. Still we all, from time to time, feel the need to explain ourselves to ourselves and others. I don't feel that I am "gender confused" just outside the binary. The concept of gender fluidity fills that bill rather nicely, and I acknowledge my debt to the millennials for their contribution to the ongoing struggle. You are never too old to learn from younger people.

This was a mainstream article, written from outside the perspective, but it was a creditable effort.

For more of an insiders view, check out crossdreamers.tumbler.com or Sally Molay's LGBT News.
I am a vessel of the Goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

In a local supermarket a couple of days ago I let a ca.70s year old woman go ahead of me in the queue. She did this thing of saying "Is this what life's rich variety is?" - talking about the grind of a life full of chores such as washing socks. That phrase really lifted my heart. In retrospect the phrase seems to apply to my "gender dysphoria". It's part of "life's rich variety".
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.