Donating to our worthy cause

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Donating to our worthy cause

Post by Diana Michelle »

I don't know how many of you read all the posts here, I do. Silver Lady recently posted a very important one recently in Member Announcements. It is concerning the current situation and escalating costs of our little home here. I for one recently sent a donation and will again to keep this site up and running.

There are virtually 100's of sites out there in cyberspace aimed at the TG community however this one of the best by far. We have no trolls, lurkers, or tranny chasers bothering us and for that alone we should all be thankful. In addition we have the chat room where we can all get together, discuss, learn, and share ideas .

I am sure SL would be open to all suggestions and look into them but for now from what I gleaned from her post we are at a crisis point and we have to act now if we want to see CDH survive. The time is now for all of us to open our hearts and purses to insure a safe and welcoming place not only for ourselves but also those who follow us.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Shelby
Miss Emerald Goddess

Re: Donating to our worthy cause

Post by Shelby »

I frequent a site that is free but, has a link so you can make a donation to the site via PayPal. When you're a paid member (made a donation) you're offered additional permissions like you can post things for sale or comment on the items up for sale.

Pay Pal would make it very easy for someone to donate to this site.
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

I know at this time PayPal isn't an option however that is not to say that won't change in the future. The issue is a situation of now and not waiting to research and set things up.

One of the true beauties of this site is there are no premium features exclusively for those wanting to pay for them, all features are here for all equally and always have been. As SilverLady(SO) said in her message to us she is not looking to get paid or profit as those other sites do, merely help with covering the costs to keep this up and running. Contact her via Private Message for details as to where to send donations.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Oh, wow...Really...I will go and find her info...thanks.
Go with the flow
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Ok...I have used this site to excess...and it has been a tremendous help. If you have ever tried other sites you will soon find they are compartmentalized, restrictive, limiting, and sometimes they actually charge if you desire full access to everything. This site is in my opinion the best, and the most open. It does not prescribe a particular view or way we must be nor does it effectively by how it is set up decrease interaction by any and everyone on the general board.

Anyway my first contribution is in the mail.....I encourage others to give to a site that gives so much to us in support.
Go with the flow
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

About time to re up again...I do not want this site to go away...
Go with the flow
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Thanks Anne. Yes if we want this site to keep going, donating is an on going thing. The last I heard our last push did not make enough to keep it going a year. And not nearly enough to get the site upgraded. If you think software for your personal computer is expensive, server based software is a lot more expensive. And the same with internet access charges, at the server level they are a lot more than what you pay for your home internet. :laptop: It would be great if we could get a chunk of money to get the site upgraded along with the monthly maintenance.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Thank you, Kimberly, you are very correct about the costs associated with running, maintaining, and upgrading a website! I have never asked for donations until a few months ago, and that is only because I can no longer afford to keep the site running without assistance from the members. Although I will be renewing the forum's domain for another year, the donations received to date fall short of what is actually needed to pay for those costs. :(

As a reminder, we have 1,845 total members and about 100 of them are considered 'active' which means they are reading, posting, and/or chatting.

To date, only 22 members have contacted me and indicated their desire to send donations to help keep the forum running, and of those 15 members have actually donated and some of them have indicated a willingness to donate again. I will never reveal donor names or amounts, they are all greatly appreciated for their generosity. =D>

Anyone who wants to donate towards the funding of this site needs to contact me via PM only (not by email, as that has the potential for being hacked) and the appropriate information will be provided to them.

All donations - no matter the amount - are greatly appreciated. :yes:

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Private Message Silverlady... confidentiality is protected she will tell you where to mail a donation. You have to ask yourself...Has this site been supportive and helpful to you? If so please consider a reasonable contribution from now on a regular basis...monthly, quarterly, annually. I believe it costs $100 per month, $1200 per year for Silverlady to keep our site going and she has been doing this with only a few others helping to keep the site going.

Where would you go and would you ever find a site like ours out there that is as easy to use, as commercial free, is as supportive, etc as this one!? I have looked before and there is just no comparison.

She's not asking you to donate thousands, not even $1,200.00, but what is a reasonable subscription rate divided among say 20 individuals for the $100 monthly installment!? That would be just $5.00 a month per each person in a pool of 20 people or $60 per year.

Problem is most will never consider even this amount! Oh well some will give significantly more...It will be a very real loss and a shame if this site goes away and no longer exists....many of you will miss it but it will be too late then.

I do not support PBS but I am willing to do my part here. Please consider a small donation monthly quarterly or annually.
Go with the flow
Michelle Diane
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Michelle Diane »

I saw the post from SL and shot off a PM and got something worked out. This place and members have been kind and supportive so a few bucks to help keep the lights on is well worth it.
One wears a mask for so long you forget who you are beneath it......I've now removed my mask.