Halloween is coming

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Halloween is coming

Post by Diana Michelle »

Halloween is just 6 weeks away. For those of you who dress for the one day a year everyone can get away with it do just go femme or wear a femme costume? If a costume what are you planning on being this year?
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Denice
Miss Silver Goddess

Re: Halloween is coming

Post by Denice »

Halloween is covered. Grabbed this at a yard sale. Unopened and brand new. Only $5!

https://www.spirithalloween.com/product ... ilIndex=46" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Joan Grey
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Joan Grey »

Well, at long last a possible "first" is on the horizon---we've been invited to a Halloween party and my wife suggested I go as a bride! Of course, I wonder if Wife has any idea what she could be unleashing! So far, the first problem is finding a wedding gown that fits (somewhere about a size 24) and (hopefully) I like! Been to 1/2 dozen thrift shops so far, nothing even close! Any ideas?
Denice
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Denice »

I love shopping around this time of the year. If pressed on your selections you could always say you're dressing up some manikins for a Halloween display.
Jadeanne
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Jadeanne »

Denice - I'm glad you got your costume at a great price.

Joan - don't give up. What is your budget? I actually found a large size wedding gown at a thrift store one Labor Day which I got at half price for $25. Also, if you are willing to lower your sights a bit, you might be able to find a long white or off-white formal or prom dress that could fit the bill as an economy wedding dress.

I will be attending 1 or 2 parties this year as Lucille Ball wearing a navy blue dress with white polka dots, a red wig, and carrying a small plastic bottle with a fake VitaMeataVegemin label. These parties will be a few days before October 31.

On the 31st I might stop in a diner that plays 50s music dressed appropriately as a 50s chick with a blonde flip wig, a white cardigan covering my fake boobs in a bullet bra, poodle skirt with net petticoat underneath, bobby socks, and penny loafers.
Joan Grey
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Joan Grey »

Jadeanne - Found an off-white 2 piece tea-length that's doable, but it doesn't grab me. Yes, it may be more "age appropriate", and since it's not my first marriage, some may say it's a better color choice than white, but a girl always has a picture in her mind of what her wedding gown should look like! As far as a budget goes, if I see the right dress, I'm sure I'll pay far more than I'll admit to Wife!
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

I remember putting on my navy dress with small white polka dots, nylons and heels, make up, jewelry, hair fixed and my purse...I drove through the drive through and got a treat at Starbucks a place where you would think diversity is no big deal but the guy looked, ducked behind the window and he and his supervisor happened to pretend nonchalantly to come out from behind the window for a glance...I got my coffee thanked them and drove on... If they really believed in diversity I would have just been another customer...Ok, here's your coffee...have a nice day!
Go with the flow
Joan Grey
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Joan Grey »

Moving right along, Wife and I got the dress, shoes, purse, and a stole at a thrift store. One of her friends is supplying a veil. Got a cheap wig and a garter at a party store. I also "found" a pair of forms, allegedly at a thrift store. Wife says she'll pick up some hose, and just realized she'll need to take me shopping for a bra! Might be interesting....
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Joan it sounds like you are about there. If you have forms but no bra, sounds like a grab your forms and head to a bridal store for a bra fitting. Have fun.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Joan Grey
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Joan Grey »

KimberlyS wrote:Joan it sounds like you are about there. If you have forms but no bra, sounds like a grab your forms and head to a bridal store for a bra fitting. Have fun.
I'd have no problem taking the forms & heading to Catherine's, Torrid, Lane Bryant, or Soma. But wife wants to measure me and then simply go by a few different bras at Walmart, returning what doesn't fit the bill. I have to be damn careful here I don't tip my hand, as she's still not keen on the guys-in-women's-clothes thing. I'd hoped she'd rethought things by suggesting I play bride, but it doesn't look that way....
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Well go with what your wife wants to do and see if it works. If she does not come up with something that works then maybe suggest she take you to a bridal store and see if she goes for it.

Good luck.

kimberlys cd
joe in a skirt
Site Administrator

Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Joan Grey
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Joan Grey »

She's looking to keep this project at a somewhat reasonable cost, hence the $16 bra (44D) at Walmart: while is may look a bit fancy, is good enough to hold things in place!
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

If it works and you get out enfemme for Halloween, enjoy the time you get.

kimberlys cd
joe in a skirt
Site Administrator

Rikki
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Rikki »

I still remember the thrill of my wife taking me bra shopping in the middle of a WallyMart, trying them on over a Polo shirt. My daughter, 19 at the time, wanted to die. But the night of the party she did my makeup.

Rikki
Be safe, Be frilled
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

I just thought of a funny. The last time I went out for Halloween I went out with another CDer from town. My friend liked the drag queen look and was normally a big burly guy with a beard. She was all decked out in a big wig, big boobs, big eye lashes and a short tight dress and heels, with makeup over the top. She got all of the laughs and attention. I was decked out in my Victorian outfit but got a lot of surprised looks as we went into each place and I had to show my ID. We were talking with a few gals on one of the places we stopped at and they thought I was the GF or wife of my friend in drag queen attire. When they said that I laughed. No wonder I was getting surprised looks as I carded all night.

Halloween is a great time to get out and about enfemme. Passing or not, it is just a free pass night to have some fun.

<-->

kimberlys cd
joe in a skirt
Site Administrator