Trying on clothes in drab

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Trying on clothes in drab

Post by KimberlyS »

I debated where to put this. Yea I was in drab but feeling femme and having fun trying on femme clothes.

I have been busy the last year and not had much time to get out and about enfemme. Twice in the last couple of months I was browsing the stores in male presentation and ended up trying on clothes. The first was at Torrid. I was going through the mall doing some errands and decided to pop into Torrid and have a quick look. The SA's were chatty and quickly began to include me in their conversations. They of course wanted to know if I needed help and I just told them I was just browsing. After a bit they asked if I was looking for anything special for my wife. I said this store was not really her style but more for me. But never know when I will see something for her. And I kept looking. After a bit I was carrying a few items and one of the SA's asked if I was still doing ok. I asked her some questions about fit as it had been awhile since I had gotten anything from Torrid. She said if I was not sure I could try them on and took what I had and started a room for me. I looked around some more finding a few more things and then went in and tried things on. There were several other GG's in the store and a couple in the fitting rooms and I had no problems. And yes at least one of the GG's seen me being lead into the fitting rooms and one was in the main area and seen me come in.

The second time I was at Lane Bryant. I go to this store often and they know both sides of me and both my wife and I shop there. The SA's treat me well at this store but for some reason they were extra special to me this day. As soon as I am in the store the SA's and manager are chatting me up and letting me know of all of the new stuff they have in the store. There is also about 6-10 other customers in the store, coming and leaving, and the three SA's are going between all of us. Several GG's trying things on and one being fitted for bras. Well it is not long and between me looking the SA's showing me new items I have a few items. The manager asked if she can start me a room. I ask are you sure, the store and fitting rooms are busy. She gives me this "SO" look, comes close and says, the girls and I have been trying to remember what your girl name is? I tell her Kim and she is off to start me a room. I get a few more items between me looking and the SA's feeding more things I just have to try on. I try on my load of items and find one that I am happy with the fit. I go and check out waiting in line as there are several GG's in front of me. Everyone in line and the SA's are chatting and quickly include me in the chatting just like I am one of them. The fact that I am in guy mode does not seem to slow them down or has not gotten me any strange looks or comments that I have seen or heard. The SA asked just this one, I though you like another top a lot. I said I did like it and some others, but it was just hard to see how they fit since I was missing something. She said that she never thought of that but to stop back some other time and try them on again. On the way out of the store the manager catches me and says they are ok with me shopping here anytime. She said there are others that shop here, just others are more shy than I am. We had a short chat and then I told her thank you for everything and took off.

Now I am not posting this to brag, but to let others know there is acceptance out there. The SA's in the stores, good full service stores, like to help and you do not need to be afraid of them. IMHO and experience, the biggest hurdle we need to get over is between out ears. The best thing for me when shopping was not to just say I was shopping for me. Yea I was afraid but knew I had to do it. It does feel like you are standing in front of a full church with the mic on the first time you say you are shopping for yourself to a SA in the store. But in reality the SA does not care and often may already know by the body language you are giving off. If you do happen to catch a SA off guard, my experience is they pause, as you have taken them off guard, then just continue helping you. The SA's just want to do their job and help you, you are the one that needs to let them help you. So over time I have relaxed and now have a lot of fun shopping and even more fun when the SA's are attentive and picking out even more things for me to try on.

Go forth, shop and have some fun.

kimberlys cd
joe in a skirt
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Rikki
Miss Golden Goddess

Re: Trying on clothes in drab

Post by Rikki »

I'm so happy that you're so happy!

Enjoy the holidays and everyday to come, Kim!

Rikki
Be safe, Be frilled
Jina James
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Jina James »

Agreed!

An excellent report. One day I'll have guts enough to do the same.
Melissa Mac
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Melissa Mac »

Wow Kimberly! I have shopped many times in drab but never had the courage to actually try on anything. I do also shop femme and never think twice about trying on things. I just grab what I want and find the dressing room.

There is one Dress Barn I go to often both femme and drab and regardless of how I am dressed the sales clerks call me Melissa. I have found things there while drab and used to buy them then get home and try them on, sadly too many times having to return them. Nowadays I just ask them to set aside and go back femme and try them on. Sometimes I buy them but sometimes I don't but it is a rare shopping excursion I don't come empty handed. 8)
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Thanks Melissa. I have tried on in drab also at a Dressbarn. I believe I have another post some where here about the first time it happened. I was carrying several things around and a sales gal came up to me and asked if I needed a room started. It was the first time trying in drab other than at a Target. It was all I could do to stammer out a "y e s" as she was taking the items from me.

Yea I hate getting things home and they do not fit. A big reason I try on when in drab. I hate doing returns. Speaking of returns, I got some tops online that I had been watching and now were at buy one get one. I was unsure of the size so I got my normal size and one size up. As they are a lace and other lace things I have tried on tend to run small. I am glad I did as the larger size fit better. :) Now need to return the smaller sizes of both. :(

Always fun to stop in the store. I would love to hear of others experience trying on in drab.

Kimberlys cd
joe in a skirt
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.