New dress, wig, dancing

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

New dress, wig, dancing

Post by Anne Bonny »

Bought and am wearing my Vintage 50s housewife's Dress https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/ea4faf ... nBg=FFFFFF" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ...could be fetish wear for some...but for me it is a chance to try to see how this is vs dresses we wear today. It is made out of a cheap cloth that is heavy rough and I suspect may not be dye fast...probably pull out of the drier still damp and of course cold water to wash...oh and per the 50's housewife experience will require ironing after for sure. Definitely part of the period experience...historically.
But! Aside from being shorter than it should be my stature is above that of the average woman, and the need for a slip under it, it being rough and not lined...oh and a little hot....it is not too bad for fit, comfort, style, and practicality around the house.

Being who I am I really do enjoy the comfort and coolness of dresses especially summer dresses like a sundress for around the house If I am leaning in that direction...most of the time it's grubby guy wear shorts and t shirt around the house with some deck shoes in the summer.

Yeah..also getting used to a new wig... l think it looks good (...would be even better with make up but I am so drained after the second night in a row out dancing till after midnight! I do not understand the appeal unless you sleep until noon everyday and suffer from insomnia!

removed imbedded image - kimberlys
Go with the flow
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Re: New dress, wig, dancing

Post by Anne Bonny »

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... L1000_.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; something went wrong this is the address for my new wig.
Go with the flow
Rikki
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Rikki »

Anne,

Love the dress!! Not a fetish at all, just a love for the styles of past when women dressed well (IMHO). And the wig is perfect. I have one like it that matches my current gray-headed age just right.

Now try just a hint of a crinoline under that dress and your silhouette will be perfect.

Rikki
Be safe, Be frilled
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Yeah, I wasn't sure about the new wig at first...I am not used to having bangs that are low enough to be in my eyes but I realize women do have hair like that, it's certainly easier to wear basically you just shake your hair and smooth it with a hand if it's sticking out on one side and there is very little needed in the way of a comb...I purchased a wig comb and brush and some caps but really am not sure I need them as my hair is short and does not show with the wig on the wig itself seems to control it. The other thought is perhaps a wig cap protects the wig from the natural oil in my hair but that seems silly because they are made out of a mesh or nylon so thin ...well I have opted to forget the wig cap and seems fine unless anyone here has a reason why I should use one?

As for the dress....hey...I am as I am inside, cannot help being who I have always been which means that while I am not overtly flamboyant or effeminate my femininity is very subtle having to do with my interests, how I feel, and having a more sensitive and softer heart that is not really as aggressive as that of the typical male. I hang back from asking a woman to dance for instance but I reluctantly will as it is expected because I am a male. I do not like coarse language jokes or loud obnoxious behavior. ...AS FOR THE DRESS... AHEM! I am a cross dresser...meaning I am a part time woman and this part of myself comes out more when the muse comes upon me. When it does and even when it isn't particularly here yes as a matter of fact I do like to wear dresses that are cool, comfortable and express how I am feeling inside.

This 50's dress is a good one to wear. yes it does have the retro collar and styling but it fits well and is sturdy and comfortable. I have in mind looking for one more dress for the summer, a girl has to keep her wardrobe fresh and up to date, you just want to feel current and I want a specific kind of leather sandal but am not sure I can find them in my woman's size 12...bummer! most women's shoes cut it off sometimes at 9 and sometimes at 11 yet there are many women out there who are large enough to need a size 12! Yeah I will enjoy wearing it around and would even in mixed company if a woman in my inner circle were to come over while the muse is there... I mean we all are familiar with how all of this seems to come and go from within and moving back toward the male.... That is what makes me a cross dresser or part time woman. Who I am is always there and is consistent but I suppose the intensity that heightens some aspects of who I am tends to bring that part out so that I am either male or female inside and out. It is funny how that works but this is just how I have always been. I like being a girl what else would you call it if you are kind of similar in some ways to women and if you feel and dress this way at times...while at others I fall back into the bland and rather boring man who seems to be there more of the time. Perhaps I do not really like who I am and so I choose to go elsewhere at times...into my feminine escaping into a better part of who I am inside? Hum.
Go with the flow