First rung of air and sea rescue...

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

First rung of air and sea rescue...

Post by Anne Bonny »

Well...Don't ever say I didn't do anything for ya. Did the run, and back from the walk...had noticed a group out fishing in a rather fresh wind...seemes like 15 to 20kts!!! All of them were waving their arms when I got to the mailbox...well...you cannot ignore people requesting help out on the water so no line long enough...dragging anchor and getting further away...OK! rigged out...a friend of theirs came down the dock, I had a line so out we went..
Me with my 8hp outboard and towed them to my dock. Man!!! Told them...good seamanship is caution, though they had a new battery...no tools!!! In the end they needed an engine part...after I advised what would you do out in that gulf!? You need life preservers, a horn, and an anchor and tools...make sure you have everything you need before you get out on the water. Geeze didn't even know how to tie a cleat off! And no line large enough for the tow. They really needed to make sure their system is running and tuned up if that is your only means of propulsion...oars!!!...or a trolling motor back up! Geeze!! Oh well finished the dog walk now to the shower...
Go with the flow