Which term do you prefer?

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Which do you prefer?

A: Crossdresser
71%
B: Transvestite
29%

Total votes: 7
Lacey Hadley
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Lacey Hadley »

Hi all, just thinking about terms used to describe what we do and are, so I will ask the following.

A: Crossdresser

B: Transvestite.

You can offer to explain why you prefer one over the other or have no preference and are ok with either.

For me I am ok with using either terms but I prefer the classic term, transvestite. It just sounds more sophisticated and special, but the term crossdresser likely makes more sense to the daily general public than the term transvestite which some people may not understand as such.

The classic and enjoyable crossdressing/transvestite movie "Just Like A Woman." being of the 90's vintage and based in England used the word transvestite. Adrian Pasder as Gerald (who had a bit role in Top Gun) played the role of a transvestite 'Geraldine' exceptionally well and was very attractive dressed as a girl.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. Ayn Rand
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Re: Which term do you prefer?

Post by KimberlyS »

I voted crossdresser only because that is the one I have used because I think that is what most people I have told can relate to better. But I would be ok called either. \:D/

Kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

Not that I am anymore and in a way never really was but back in those days always referred to myself as a crossdresser
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

I like transvestite because it's latin. Even though it does has some historic stigma attached to it, I mean really people this is 2022 are we really going to be all judgy about that now?????
But I don't apply either of those to myself, as they both imply that I'm wearing clothes that I'm not supposed to. And I don't accept that anyone has any legitimacy to be saying what I'm "supposed to" wear.
And I don't allow that anyone has any reason to know my gender, or sex, or anything about my anatomy that I do not choose to reveal. So next I'm going to start a post about pronouns.