Lessons learned, or "Crossdressing 101"

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

CJ
Miss Diamond Goddess

Lessons learned, or "Crossdressing 101"

Post by CJ »

Hi all,

It occured to me that some things about dressing up I only learned after many years. So, as a public service announcement, I thought I'd post a few of those things (which might seem super-basic to many of you but are possibly not known to those young 'uns just starting out).

If any of you (CD or SO) have additional tips, please feel free to contribute to the thread.

-- Roll up your pantyhose or stocking leg before pulling it up your leg.
-- Keep your toenails trimmed and filed smooth (you'll save on hose).
-- Fasten your bra in front (back to front), pull it around your chest, and then slip your arms through the shoulder straps.
-- Always hand wash your lingerie and delicate clothing.
-- If you're going to machine wash your hose, use a fishnet bag.
-- Shampoo your wigs occasionally.
-- Makeup has a shelf life of about six to eight months; don't buy too much at a time.
-- Shaving your face... First pass: in the direction of hair growth. Second pass: against the direction of hair growth. Need a third pass? Buy fresh blades.
-- When in doubt, buy the next largest size, not the next smallest one.
-- People don't care when you shop en drab in the women's department.
-- Buffers give your nails a polished look--without your actually having to use nail polish.
-- Don't wear other people's clothing without their consent; buy your own.
-- Have fun being who you are--regardless of what others think.

Love,
CJ
Virginia
Goddess of the Universe

Post by Virginia »

Hey, CJ, great points all - can I add a few??
Dress your age - not sure, buy some fashion magazines, walk the malls and see what is being worn - well, be selective in what you see!!
There are three basics (and I will add a fourth) 1. Proper make-up, i.e. foundation that matches your skin tone. 2. A nice, well - kept wig. 3. A nice smile, and use it!!! 4. A properly fitted and sized bra!
Learn to actuate your postives and hide or reduce your negatives. You want to blend in not stand out!!! If you weigh 140 pounds 5'8" don't walk around with a set of "DD's" or "DDD's"
If you go out dressed, it is important that you remember - YOU ARE AN AMBASSADOR FOR ALL YOUR SISTERS! LOOK AND ACT LIKE A LADY!!
Love ya,
Virginia
First star to the right, then straight on 'till mornin!
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Hi Virginia,
You know I have to agree with you. My wife will tell me all the time "you ain't no teenie booper dress your age." :oops: I have learned to dress down even if it hurts, don't over do the makeup and walk normal (no hip swinging or struting). I guess we all want to look like we are 20+ BUT!!
(--) Carol Ann
Cathey
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Re: Lessons learned, or "Crossdressing 101"

Post by Cathey »

the last one from carol anne . is so true as we get older our hems get closer to the toes. short skirts and dresses are for teenie boopers . low cut tops and dresses, don't look that good on us -,,- older women dress more conservetly. which is more elegant. \:D/