telling but only sort of

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Absaroka
Miss Diamond Goddess

telling but only sort of

Post by Absaroka »

Yesterday I got home from the gym very hot and sweaty and took a shower only to discover I had no clean underwear. So I borrowed a pair of my wifes. A few hours later clean underwear was now available so I changed. I made the comment to my wife that I had borrowed hers since I had none.

A bit of background for those who don't know. Early in marriage I told my wife I occaisionally liked to wear womens clothes. THat was true at the time. She didn't seem to want to talk about it and didn't seem to really care for the idea although she has lots of friends who like to do drag-they are all gay. SHe has always liked having me borrow her teeshirts and sweats but I think equates the lingerie with being gay. So I never told her when my CDing took off a couple of years ago.

Anyway she smiled and seemed to think that me wearing her undies because I was out was cute. The discussion then veered briefly into who was supposed to be doing the laundry. It then settled firmly into the idea that her panties are too small for me which made her happy since she is very self conscious about the size of her butt. I think this was the most important part of the whole 40 second discussion for her. And it made me think how a GG might not like the idea that her clothes fit her SO.

So that was it, no big talk and it went no further. But I just had to share what she seemed to think was most important about the whole thing. Plus it's a good sign that someday I may be able to tell her a lot more.

Absaroka
everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon
Paulie
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Paulie »

I always thought it would be a benefit to your SO to be the same size.... she doubles her wardrobe! :lol:

But, I do think you're right on this one.
Georgia(SO)
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Georgia(SO) »

I think I can safely vouch for the majority of SOs (majority, mind you) that, no, we aren't real thrilled when our clothes fit our sweeties. The Rule Book for GG's says we are supposed to be smaller than you are! And oh yes, there very much is a Rule Book for GG's - they handed it out to us in 5th grade Phys. Ed.!

And *my* guy wears a size 5. <sigh>

Seriously, though, yes, it unnerves many of us when our clothes fit you (or in my case, fall right off his tiny little hips...). It's a knee-jerk reaction to something that is so deeply ingrained that even if we look at it logically, it's still in there. And while I would never actually admit it to him that it just makes me cringe that my clothes are too big for him, it's always there.

Mind you, it's not the fact that he has this tiny little butt and a Barbie waist that bothers me. It's that I DON'T! (It has nothing to do with the clothing, per se. Felt the same with with a non-CDing husband who was built slim too!)

-g(so), feeling clunky sometimes
CJ
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by CJ »

Hi all,

Absaroka,

I'll agree that this little episode seems like a good sign; at the very least, your SO isn't totally freaked by the whole thing. Maybe what happened in this specific case is a bit of an anomaly 'cause I've heard in the past from CD's whose wives or GF's are somewhat okay with the idea of their DH wearing some of their clothes but definitely not with them wearing their underwear. These are articles of clothing that are just too personal, too intimate.

Georgia,

Maybe you can take heart in the fact that, although many CD's can and do wear women's clothing in sizes their SO's could envy, none, as far as I can tell, wear it as well as women do. I've seen men in panties, stockings, bras, skirts, slacks, what have you, but, to me, women simply have the type of frame and the kinds of curves that fill out these clothes, that "bring them to life," much more often than men do--regardless of the size of the one or the other. Again, for my tastes, women's clothing is almost always more esthetically pleasing when it's worn by women than it is when it's worn by men--tiny male butts and male Barbie waists notwithstanding. Oh, and, by the way, Georgia, in an environment such as this one (where we have but a poor idea of what we all really look like), smarts and sensitivity matter more than do looks... and I have to tell you, ma'am, your brain is at least ten parsecs away from clunkiness.

Love,
CJ
Georgia(SO)
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Georgia(SO) »

Oh CJ, such sweet words thou whisperest in the night...

-g(so), smiling
Paige
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Paige »

To all,

I had to look it up so I thought I would save you all the trouble and post it here.

Ten (10) parsecs = 191,826,450,000,000 miles

Hugs to everyone

Paige
Don't get stressed, just get dressed.
Gaven McLaren
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Gaven McLaren »

Where did the parsec comment come from?
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons. As you are crunchy and good with chocolate!
Paige
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Paige »

I'm sorry, I guess I should have quoted on my post.
CJ wrote:.... Oh, and, by the way, Georgia, in an environment such as this one (where we have but a poor idea of what we all really look like), smarts and sensitivity matter more than do looks... and I have to tell you, ma'am, your brain is at least ten parsecs away from clunkiness.

Love,
CJ
Hugs,

Paige
Don't get stressed, just get dressed.
Gaven McLaren
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Gaven McLaren »

I missed it in the earlier posts so I was lost. It has been one of those weeks anyways
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons. As you are crunchy and good with chocolate!
Stephanie W
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Stephanie W »

Absaroka said...
And it made me think how a GG might not like the idea that her clothes fit her SO.
Georgia said...
I think I can safely vouch for the majority of SOs (majority, mind you) that, no, we aren't real thrilled when our clothes fit our sweeties. The Rule Book for GG's says we are supposed to be smaller than you are! And oh yes, there very much is a Rule Book for GG's - they handed it out to us in 5th grade Phys. Ed.!
I just 'knew ' that was coming...thanks Georgia for my smile today! :)

Stephanie