snug clothing

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Absaroka
Miss Diamond Goddess

snug clothing

Post by Absaroka »

I read somewhere that many crossdressers like tight confining clothing. I am no exception although it has to be stretchy and still let me move freely. I find it very sensual.

The way I have described it is that it feels like my clothing is giving me a hug. Initially I also liked the "control" element of foundation garments although that is no longer the case. But even in the case of sleeveless teeshirts I like how womens are softer and conform to the shape of my body whereas mens just hang there. Of course if I am at the gym or otherwise exerting myself I suddenly like looser a lot more, plus I don't like getting my femme clothes all sweaty.

I also remember reading in baby books when my kids were little that babies like being wrapped tightly, or swaddled. The theory is that it reminds them of the comfort of the womb. Perhaps vestiges of those feelings last way past infancy.

Lastly, at this point, having lost a signifigant amount of weight in the last 8 months I like how the form fitting clothing shows off my new, albeit flat chested, figure.

Thoughts from others out there?

Absaroka
everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon
KathyB
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by KathyB »

I absolutely love wearing my 42B JustMySize cotton bra under tee-shirts on the weekends. It holds my chest and makes me feel incredibly secure. I just wish I could fill a D cup so well. [-o<
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

I prefer loose clothing, but with my weight, loose is hard to find.
DonnaT
Anita
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anita »

Hi Absaroka--
I prefer snug clothing, now that you mention it. Not necessarily snug, but form-fitting, yes. I got away from any kind of restricting clothing, like corsets and girdles, because I saw that for me, they could be habit-forming.

It's a very different feel to have form-fitting clothes on, and that's not something I get as a man. When I was much younger, men could wear some tight clothing, but not much. Now, men don't seem to wear anything that is tight. So it's not something I experience any other way.

Now I remember something--I rented a genie costume for Halloween, in the early 90s. It was very shiny and very tight, and that was part of the adventure of wearing it, now that I'm looking back on it.
Paulie
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Paulie »

Anita hit it on the head....

Form fitting.

That's one thing I really love about womens clothes. I don't like them really tight, unless it's an undergarment that's supposed to be. I'm really into jeans and pants that show off my butt and legs.

You don't get that in any menswear!
Absaroka
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Absaroka »

The thing is that it is much more about how the clothes feel than how they look. Yes I take great delight in looking thinner but truth be told I don't exactly have either a girlish or womanly figure.

I always thought tight clothes on men that show off your body are obnoxious-probably left over prejudice on my part. I wouldn't enjoy wearing them, thats for sure.

Absaroka
everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon
Paulie
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Paulie »

Feel is important.... NO doubt about that. Funny how much more tactile we are as CDs! :lol:

But, it does have to look good on you. I have seen soooo many cute clothes that I would have LOVED to have bought and worn. But, I know they wouldn't look right, so I had to pass.

Funny thing.... just yesterday I bought a new tank top. Very pretty aqua color with off white lace trim around the top and the hem. Now, I really didn't need another tank, but when I felt it... it's such a silky ribbed fabric, that I just had to buy it. Of course, being on clearance, the price was certainly right too!
Lucky for me, it does fit snug.... but, looks great! :P
Kari
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Kari »

I have a tight red leather mini which i think looks ok on me, everything else is quite loose.

But i do like things that fit tight
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me?
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me?
Daniel
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Daniel »

I must say I agree about the importance of feeling when dressed in drag. This is why I want my legs baby-smooth when I dress up but don't care if I get red bumps or even if I have a wig! And yes, I do like my clothes tight - I've filled out a little bit in the past few years but that was actually good! I'm not about to completely replace all my clothing until it doesn't fit at all, which I hope even for the sake of my male look will never happen.
Stephanie W
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Stephanie W »

For me, form fitting when femme and loose fitting when en drab. I think it was CJ who once said that form fitting (women's) clothes will never look as good on a man than they do on a woman which I agree with. However, I know form fitting looks far better on me than hanging loose, especially when going out. The added bonus is that it definitely reduces the 'frump' factor too and if it helps us in our look, what's not to love? =D>

Stephanie
Gaven McLaren
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Gaven McLaren »

I do like form fitting clothes when I am buying womans clothes. However in mens clothes I do like my jeans tight but not much else. That might be one of the reasons that last time I went shopping for jeans I bought bootcut low rise jeans from Old Navy they are size 14. They were tighter when I bought them. I have lost weight.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons. As you are crunchy and good with chocolate!
Jadeanne
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Jadeanne »

I like the hug of snug foundation garments (helps my pizza belly), but I usually wear them for just a few hours at a time.

Jadeanne