Purging your Male clothes

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

CJ
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by CJ »

Hi all,

Like many here, I wear women's clothing on a regular basis but I make sure that the whole thing is very subtle. I do so especially in the winter; smooth slacks, hose, girdle, discreet blouse, and zippered low-heeled boots (when wearing these last, I have to consider whether or not I'm going some place where I'll need to take my boots off--I don't necessarily want to show off my painted "purties" to everyone :P ). The only time I do the male clothes thingie is when, like today, I'm going to my father's place.

If I could, I'd purge my male clothes; there's enough female clothing that's wearable by men without any "offence to society" (including jeans and shirts) that I'd see no reason to keep any male clothes. My SO and I have recently come to an agreement whereby we've given each other access to each other's wardrobe (we wear roughly the same size clothing). Although this has been a boon for me--she has some fab hip-hugging jeans and cute blouses--she says that she wouldn't touch most of my female clothing with a ten-foot pole :lol: (except for my bras, which fit her better than her own--go figure!).

Back in the early 90's, I was in a relationship for several years with a woman who made the decision to purge my male clothing for me. Without going into, uh, sordid details, she was the one who, shall we say, wore the pants in our couple. What had started out as little bedroom "feminization' games eventually became the norm in other areas of our relationship and she easily took charge of my appearance by insisting that I keep my body shaved, that I always wear makeup (albeit a very subtle touch of it), and by eventually getting rid of all my male clothes. And I mean all of it. For a period of about four or five months (during which I also learned what it meant to do "maid service" for her and some of her friends), I had nothing more masculine to wear than back-zippered polyester slacks.

I'll tell you, folks, it's not all it's cracked up to be, this 24/7 thing. Especially if your own volition is taken out of the equation. The strain of "having to be feminine" (so to speak) introduced fractures in our relationship that eventually led to our separating. She was disgusted with the fact that, as she put it, I didn't have the courage to pursue my own convictions (this, despite the fact that I tried to make her see the difference between convictions and fantasies).

Anyway, today, I take a more subtle approach. My SO is slowly (uh, very slowly) coming to enjoy the way I poke fun at gender-related sartorial conventions. For instance, we keep our toenails polished the same colour and often wear matching pantyhose (like me, she's a big fan of the DIM brand). It's a lot more fun when both people are enjoying themselves.

So, all this to say that, sure, I'd probably purge my male clothes, tentatively, maybe. If mores eventually relaxed a bit in the future regarding sex-appropriate clothing, it'd become easier to do so, I'm sure. As it is, though, all the jeans (and some blouses and pantyhose) I now wear on a regular basis used to be Rina's. :P Heh. She's a little miffed by this but, hey, she's bought herself a couple of new pairs that she's very happy with (and they do, indeed, look stunning on her).

Love,
CJ
Tammy Lynn
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Tammy Lynn »

i dress 24 7 an to church an home an work. i do have male cloths to.
Melyssa Anne
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Melyssa Anne »

In a perfect (and accepting) world, this wouldn't be a question -- it wouldn't be male clothes or enfemme clothes..it would just be clothes. Oh well.

While I love expressing myself enfemme, I also enjoy my time as my gendered self. So, I definately would not want to ever purge my male clothes.
Missy
Jean
Miss Crystal Goddess

Purging male clothes

Post by Jean »

I would never purge my male clothes I'm a man, and hapopy to be a man. I have manly interests, and do manly things. I juist love to wear women's clothes sometimes.

I, also, would not be interested in dressing female 24/7. I wear some famale items nearly every day, but I'm always ready to return to be manly. I like it that way!

Jean
Pat
Miss Emerald Goddess

purging your male clothes

Post by Pat »

Hi, I still have a mix male undies (not worn for the past 4 yrs) shirts and trousers, polo tops, mix of male & femme, panties & bras (worn all the time).
My problem is that while I would to love to live as a woman fully time, my male physical characteristics are just too promanent to past as a woman succesfully, without extensive surgery, which I cannot afford (and to old).
Been down the path of all the transgender medicos, and my voice would be an absolute give away.
So, underneath I dress femme & on top dress mainly with unisex clothes & sometimes with earrings (mainly studs) & nail polish (clear).
Its not perfect, but I can help the real me to be me
It has already cost one marriage. [-o<
Keeping them cupped comfortably.

-Pat
Jacky
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Jacky »

If I think how long it takes for the tranformation,1to 2 hours and then some of us would need help with it would make it very difficult to keep going.Women also need time outs from wearing make up and are not always wearing their best clothes.You can see that with the stars that when they private they need a time out.Thats when the papparazzi takes all the horribble pics of them.
I would be happy to wear femme items under my clothes, but would never get rid of my daily other clothes.In my job,trucker,it would be impossible and I think dangerous to be femme all the time anyway.I also think I a man dresses like that full time he falls under a different category,because the way I see cross dressing is the urge to sometimes wear female clothing ,not all the time unless its your profesion.
Love Jacky
Julie Miller
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Julie Miller »

Over time I have been phasing out male clothing from my wardrobe and replacing it with women's clothing.
For example I now wear womens underclothing (bras and panties) every day and no longer own any male briefs or undershirts.
All of my jeans have been replaced with ladies blue jeans.
Nightgowns have completely replaced pajamas.
I have as many women's coats and jackets as I do men's and will soon throw away all but one or two of the male variety.
I am now replacing shirts with blouses and tops.
My male wardrobe is largely limited to a few suits and dress shirts that I wear on the job.
This gradual change has made it easier for my wife to adjust and for me to handle the changes and self acceptance.
Things are going well.

Julia
One is not born a woman, one becomes one. —Simone de Beauvoir
Kathy
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Kathy »

Hmmmm... *looks in closet... paws through drawers...*

Nope, not a male item to be found. Been that way for what, 18 months now I believe. 8)
Whatever you accomplish in life is a manifestation not so much of what you do, as of what you believe deeply within yourself that you deserve. - Les Brown
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, Kathy! ..o)..

We're glad to see you back at the forum! Virginia and I were starting to wonder what happened to you!!

Hope you're here to stay for a while!!

(--)

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Ronnie M
Inactive

binge n purge

Post by Ronnie M »

would I purge all?

if circumstances allowed............yeah. in a heartbeat.

but I do not have those circumstances and doubt I ever will.

I am beginning to think all this has just been a pipedream and maybe end it.
I may purge all my girl clothes one more time, and give up. I am feeling like this has all been a joke and I am the one playing the damned punchline.
Stephanie W
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Stephanie W »

Ronnie

Being transgendered is not a punchline, so don't feel that way. It's an intrinsic part of who we are and denying it will only make one more unhappy in the long run. Purging, while well intentioned, is an expensive way to ignore something that willl never go away. Life doesn't have to be a pipe dream either, as long as you keep it real and move at a pace comfortable to you. We're all in this together ya know!

Stephanie
Amanda Barber
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Amanda Barber »

I have allmost no male clothes left. a few pairs of jeans and some tee shirts. No mens shoes at all, the boots and sneakers are womens.

Some of my older tops/blouses have become "work" clothes. :shock:
Ronnie M
Inactive

sorry

Post by Ronnie M »

Stephanie W wrote:Ronnie

Being transgendered is not a punchline, so don't feel that way. It's an intrinsic part of who we are and denying it will only make one more unhappy in the long run. Purging, while well intentioned, is an expensive way to ignore something that willl never go away. Life doesn't have to be a pipe dream either, as long as you keep it real and move at a pace comfortable to you. We're all in this together ya know!

Stephanie
=============
=============

yeah. I want to apologize to the forum.

I ran my mouth when I was having a bad night, and my north end got stuck up my south end.

no one here deserved it. I just, tend to,..start feeking that I am never going to be able to have MY American Dream....me in a skirt full time.

again..........ronnie was shooting her mouth off..........

sorry ladies.
REALLY I am...........
Stephanie W
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Stephanie W »

Hey Ronnie, no need to apologize, we all have days like that sometimes. Hope today is a better day for you.

Stephanie
Kerri
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Kerri »

Hi,

Much as I would love, theoretically, to dress 24/7. I can't do it!
Especially not with the same degree of preparation that goes into "dressing". When the opportunity is presented I cop out after 3 days.

I am a scruff by nature, I like old trainers with the soles worn flat, and jeans with the knees knocked out, and make-up makes my skin itch.

I think in my ideal world, I would retain my male gender, I am basically male.

But I would have liked to be able to have a natural appearing breast, not necessary large, and long cd cut hair. Then when the mood takes me I would comb the hair in a feminine way, don a lightweight cotton bra and panties, worn out trainers, and jeans with the knees knocked out.