Dress Size

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Dress Size

Less than 4
No votes
Size 4
No votes
Size 6
2%
Size 8
2%
Size 10
6%
Size 12
22%
Size 14
22%
Size 16
20%
Size 18
15%
Size 20
11%

Total votes: 54
JoAnnDallas
Miss Golden Goddess

Dress Size

Post by JoAnnDallas »

I posted this on another CD forum and it had very interesting results.

I was watching a show on womens fashions and they mentioned that the average dress size was a 14.

I am a 12/14 so that made we wonder what the average dress size is for us CDers. Thus the poll.

LOL, guess I need to first figure out how to setup a poll first.
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Re: Dress Size

Post by KimberlyS »

I only have one dress and that is a 14 a is very snug on me...I bought it for incentive to loose weight faster.

I voted and take 18's most of the time depending on the outfit, but I also have a lot of 20's. I usually say I am a 18-20 size.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
DeeDee
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by DeeDee »

Like you, JoAnn, I'm a size 12/14. 12 mostly unless the dress has a tight bodice and shoulders, then 14. Dress sizes are the strangest thing and vary from maker to maker. Plus there are the 'vanity" sizes, especially in formal attire. A size 12 might actually be a 16, but it makes the gal happier to say she wears a "12" :lol: :lol: I have one bridal in a sz 12 which must have been made for a midget.....trying to give it away...and another 12 bridal that fits like a dream...go figure. And skirt sizes are a different story!!!! Geee..and there is even a size "0" ...must be for Barbie
DeeDee
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

A 20 doesn't fit, as I'm over 20, so the poll doesn't fit either. :P
DonnaT
S. Lisa Smith
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by S. Lisa Smith »

16 skirt, 18 top (since I got smaller forms, I think I can do a 16 top now, too)
Rikki
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Rikki »

I hate Dee since I'm a size 22.

No I don't hate, just envy. :) Must be the genes.....

not the jeans.

rr
Be safe, Be frilled
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

14/16 top but the old belly cause an 18 skirt an or dress. :(
Absaroka
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Absaroka »

depending on the dress, an xl or an l. Most of my clothes don't get more specific.

Interestingly, although my skirt size is medium my tops need to be large or extra large. I've lost a bunch of weight though and they are tending towards large.

Absaroka
everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon
JoAnnDallas
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by JoAnnDallas »

DonnaT.......Sorry.....I just noticed I forgot to put a Greater than section on the post.
Pat
Miss Emerald Goddess

Dress size

Post by Pat »

I find that you must try on all dresses & slacks, jeans as the labels are so misleading.
Tops range from 18 to 24,
Skirts & Jeans can range from 16 to 20, so shopping can be rather slow & testing time.
Even with bras, I brought 2 the same size & brand at same shop (about 2 weeks apart) the difference being 1 was made in Costa Rica & the other USA and they were different in size and fit :(
Keeping them cupped comfortably.

-Pat
Sylvia H
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sylvia H »

12 to 14 bottom, 14 to ? on top. Havent settled on bra size yet. The difference in sizes is enormous.

Sylvia H
Sally
We Will Never Forget You - Rest in Peace

dress size

Post by Sally »

Usually 12 in the summer and 14 during winter/autumn, but it depends on the label and cut due to the huge variations in size between some manufacturers. I’m not sure what some manufacturers use as a guideline for sizes, it seems like some just take a wild guess at times, and it’s one reason why I never buy without trying the garment on in the store.

It’s the same with shoes, it’s amazing how one can buy a certain shoe from a manufacturer and it fits comfortably, and 12 months later go to buy the same identical shoe in the same size only to find the new batch is a completely different fit.

Kind Regards,

Sally.
Watch nature, because it’s our greatest teacher, it moves and flows and moves on again. We can never be free until we disengage, so allow life to flow as you find it. The way it is, is the way it is.
Angie
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Angie »

Hmmm...

26/28?

Nothing like a lady with height AND breadth! :lol:

You raaaannng?
Angie
Kendra Lynn
Miss Emerald Goddess

Sizes

Post by Kendra Lynn »

Hello: I've discovered that the variation in women's sizes can be rather complicated.
One manufacturer or store's 2X may be too big, another's may be just right.
Some places divide sizes into 4 areas: petite, misses, women's and tall. Some only have 3 sizing areas. And there are divisions among those.
I have ordered from on line retailers (with toll free numbers) and discovered that no matter how hard you try to figure out sizing, some stuff will ALWAYS have to get returned. But the stuff that does fit well-- that still amazes me!
Generally I'm an 18 or 20, but have also found 16's that fit. XL or 2X-- that depends on the individual retailer's definition of XL or 2X. "L" is usually too small and "3X" too big.
I've had good luck shopping at OLD NAVY, JC PENNY, GAP, GAP OUTLET, and Burlington Coat Factory. I've ordered from BEDFORD FAIR/WILLOW RIDGE a number of times, but have had to return some stuff. The stuff that fits well is great, but it's a pain packing up the "fashion mistakes" and taking the package to the post office. I've also bought nice things at the vintage shops in Takoma Park, Maryland. Vintage stuff (1960's and earlier) tends to be smaller-- I have a 60's school girl type shirtdress for which the tag says size "20" and it's snug. (but very cute).
Without rambling further on the subject of sizes, I'll leave the above as today's statement on that subject.
Happy holidays to everyone!
Peace-- Kendra Lynn.
Becca
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Becca »

I'm a size 8, very proud. :mrgreen:

Unfortunately, I can't find my glasses so I clicked "6". It does look a lot like it! :D

Ah, well. A girl can wish.

Becca x

EDIT: Apologies for bumping an old-ish topic. I haven't been on here for a while and i'm still looking through all the posts I have missed. :mrgreen:
I wanna be in this hoi polloi...