THE OFFICIAL: CD / TG Movie & Theatre Discussion

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Jaye
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Jaye »

For the record, Caith, Wesley Snipes wasn't in "Juwanna Mann". That was Miguel Nunez. I remember it well because a lot of the movie was shot in Charlotte, NC, and some of the cast and crew stayed in one of the hotels I worked in at the time. Snipes was in "To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar", though I much prefer is more masculine work in the "Blade" films.

I know some here enjoy anime, so I thought I'd let you know about a title just recently released on DVD. It's called "Otoboku".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otome_wa_B ... Koishiteru

The plot concerns the misadventures of Mizuho, a teenage boy who transfers to an all-girl school because it was stipulated in his grandfather's will. He tries to keep a low profile, so that no one will discover his true identity, but he's so cute that he attracts all the wrong kinds of attention.

The story and animation are nice, but the show gives me a serious estrogen overdose. Everything is sweet, and cute and... It's what the Japanese call kawai, i.e., too cute. It makes me nostalgic for "Ranma 1/2".
The most common form of despair comes from not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

DonnaT
CJ
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by CJ »

Hi all,

Thanks for the links, Jaye, Donna,

That was hilarious. The opening credit lyrics are a hoot. :lol:

While I consider myself relatively fearless, you can bet your bottom dollar that you would never, ever find me crossdressed in front of a classroom of teenaged girls... even if I were a passable teen CD, myself!

Love,
CJ
SandiAnne
Miss Silver Goddess

An old black and white TG movie

Post by SandiAnne »

Hi all,
I finally had the time to start this topic from its beginning and was almost convinced that no one saw (or remember) an old black and white movie
of gender-swap called "Turnabout" Then I read Jaye's post.
I must have been just beginning my furtive crossdressing as a young boy when I saw that movie. I was so envious of the male actor who became female for a while. It was probably the most exciting movie I saw for many years.

Sandianne
SandiAnne
Miss Silver Goddess

Comment re Jeannie's post

Post by SandiAnne »

Hi again -
Sorry. I forgot to mention that the story of J. Edgar Hoover being a crossdresser may not be true. Read it yourself. He most likely was homosexual, but the crossdresser label has never been proven.

Check it out on http://www.straightdope.com/columns/021206.html

Sandianne
Jaye
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Jaye »

There's no movie yet, but this looks interesting:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/2008090 ... b_eo/26846
"I think part of me would love to play a drag queen," Radcliffe says in the new issue of Details magazine, "just because it would be an excuse to wear loads of eye makeup."
I think I'm going to look for that issue of Details. Looks like there's more to Harry than meets the eye.
The most common form of despair comes from not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard
Alana
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Alana »

Hi,

Tootsie, was my first CD film and I loved it. Also, loved John Leguizamo in "To Wong Foo"; he really was hot. I got a kick out of Robin Williams in "Mrs. Doubtfire."

Also liked the female to male CD in, I believe, "She's the Man." In this film a girl pretends to be her brother and attends college so she can play soccer.

Alana
"Man, I feel like a woman!"- Shania Twain
CherryLynn
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by CherryLynn »

I think the Crying game is a wonderful movie.
Just starting to explore my feminine nature- am very shy meek and demure. Addicted to looking and acting ladylike. Still have so many questions about exactly who I am- have so many mixed emotions about my gender issues.
Jaye
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Jaye »

Another program I've discovered recently is the HBO series "Little Britain, USA". This is another British import show, featuring two male comedians and a supporting cast. They do a lot of sketches, and almost all of the female leading parts are played by one, the other or both of the males.

http://www.hbo.com/littlebritainusa/

Some of the sketches are laugh-out-loud funny, but some of them are cringe-inducing. There's a bit they do of a mother tucking in her daughter "Ellie Grace". She says "Good night," and they proceed to have an "I love you more than..." contest that ends when Ellie Grace says "I love you more than" something obscene, and a story about where she heard "such language".

It's supposed to be good stuff, but seeing it makes me nostalgic for "Rome" and "Carnivale".
Johanna
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Cross Dressers movies

Post by Johanna »

One corallary of that theme is the little known movie Dr Jeckyll and Ms. Hyde. In that movie, the main character transforms into Sean Young, while at the dinner table. Ms. Hyde proceeds to use his credit card to buy lots of great outfits and frilly underwear. Always brings out the CD in me!
Jaye
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Jaye »

Jude Law plays a "transgender supermodel" in a movie entitled "Rage", with Dame Judi Dench.

http://www.sallypotter.com/beauty-blog

You'll see a photo of Jude in character when you click on the above link.

Mrrrow.
Absaroka
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Absaroka »

Okay it wasn't a movie but did anyone watch SVU last night? The episode with the young teen transexual who's father can't accept her?

I thought the writing had a lot of holes in it, more than usual for SVU, especially given the continuity of character developement over the last 7 years. The detectives acted like this was all new to them, but I guess that was neccesary to turn this into an hour long morality play.

I did think the part where Elliot is obviously thinking what if this was my son was good. In particular the part where he is able to help the young lady understand that her father feels as if his son has died and thus can't accept that his son is becoming his daughter. Also the parts that show how all of this is really making everyone pretty crazy. Nice little B story of the grad student working as a prostitute also. Things come across pretty judgemental, but that is because the characters are pretty judgemental. Which I think may be part of being a cop-you don't try to understand the bad guys, you put them away, which means becoming somewhat black and white in the rest of your life also. Also I liked the part where the daughter is asked on the stand what she wanted and she says she doesn't know.

Good show in spite of some flaws, in which everyone comes across as less than perfect.

Absaroka
everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon
Rikki
Miss Golden Goddess

Ed Wood

Post by Rikki »

Here is the original Ed Wood film "Glen or Glenda" that is the basis for the Johnny Depp movie "Ed Wood". Ed was great to take the chance to explain crossdressing back in the repressed, descriminatory 1950's. He was ridiculed as a nutcase, but he was a bold pioneer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W0ELOnITEo&NR=1

Enjoy, Rikki
Be safe, Be frilled
Jennifer Greenleaf

CROSSDRESSING FLIMS

Post by Jennifer Greenleaf »

BIRDCAGE IS BEST I LLOVE WATCH IT OVER AND OVER
WendyC
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by WendyC »

I enjoyed "Just Like A Woman" with Adrian Pasdar quite a bit.