THE OFFICIAL: CD / TG Movie & Theatre Discussion

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Miss Robyn
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Miss Robyn »

Kandis wrote:Don't forget the following CDing being done in movies;

Arsenio Hall in Coming To America
Kurt Russell in Tango and Cash
William Defoe in The Boondock Saints
Ahh William DaFoe in Boondock Saints, first time I saw that scene I was in shock, but amazed on how good he looked.
Caith
Software Administrator

Post by Caith »

I just saw Boondock Saints on television for the first time several weeks ago, and was amazed at the presentation. What surprises me is that no one has mentioned a 2002 movie starring Wesley Snipes - Juwanna Mann. Another more recent feature is currently showing on HBO, with John Travolta reprising Divine's role of Edna Turnblad in Hairspray.
Caith <oooo>
Jeannie
Miss Ruby Goddess

Sunday night fun!

Post by Jeannie »

Hi Girls
Try Spanish director Pedro Almodovar's 'Bad Education'. Many of his films have gender issues and they are always great stories. My all time favorite is 'Hedwig and the angry inch'. The soundtrack lyrics are fabulous.
I'm surprised no one has ever done a film on J. Edgar Hoover,our infamous crossdressing Director of the FBI who was the most feared man in Washington. Let us know CJ is some exist. You are a virtual walking enclyclopedia unlike me. I'm a virtual cornucopia of useless knowledge.
At least I know who Bernard Schwartz and Jeffry Ross Hyman are. And how could we forget Eugene Maurice Orowitz, James Newell Osterberg,Jr. and Pasquale Caputo.
Sometimes a name change makes all the difference ladies. Hugs.
I have to go back down the saltmine. It's 9:30 sunday night and I'm still not finished with rush orders! Where did I go wrong! Hugs and have a great week.

Love
Auntie Jeannie,slave to all humanity.

PS You know ladies, we Italians and Jews are the same. You can't keep us down. The late, great Lenny Bruce said it best "Italians are just happy Jews!"
I'll leave you with a couple of jokes. They're jokes not documentaries people. I'll apoligize now in advance but it means crap. Call my toll free complaint line at 1 800 DOICARE? No doubt it will be busy.

What's the difference between an Italian woman and a monkey?
The monkey has less hair on it's body.

What's the difference between a 747 and a Jewish wife?
The 747 stops whinning when it lands in Miami Beach!

One happy note Ladies. I met a nice Italian lady in a bar last night and I spit right in her face and she thanked me! Yeah! Her mustache was on fire!
CJ
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by CJ »

Hi all,

Jeannie,

I know of no movies that deal explicitly with Hoover's homosexuality or crossdressing. The upcoming Michael Mann film, Public Enemies, stars Billy Crudup as Hoover but takes place in the 1930s and chronicles Hoover's battle with bank robber John Dillinger (played here by Johnny Depp). I don't think we'll get to see Hoover in drag but who knows? maybe ol' Johnny will do us a turn? He seems to like crossdressing. :wink:

Love,
CJ
Daphné (GG)
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Daphné (GG) »

maybe ol' Johnny will do us a turn? He seems to like crossdressing.
And boy does he look fine as Glen or Glenda !!! :lol: :lol:
Miss Robyn
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Miss Robyn »

CJ - I can't wait till that movie comes out, that was filmed a couple of towns over from me. J.Depp is such a great actor and cute too :oops:

Miss Robyn
CJ
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by CJ »

Johnny Depp, cute?

Yep. I think so.

CJ
Miss Robyn
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Miss Robyn »

!!!yes!!!
JoAnnDallas
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by JoAnnDallas »

Wife has been recording old episodes of "Nash Bridges", which is a cop show, based in San Francisco, CAl back in the late 90's. The episode we watch last night, one of the cases was about catching a killer that was hiding out at a TG Bueaty Contest. Two of the SIU detectives CD to enter the Bueaty Contest. The host of the Contest was a real live CD according to the credits. She was very passing and dressed very good. It was done in very good taste. There were some humor but it was very tasteful humor. One of the detectives who was CDing, did it very well and was very passable. The other detective I think was make up on purpose not to be very passable, due to the humor part, but he carried it off very well. All of the outfits were in very good taste. In one sciene where the host takes the two detectives in drag out shopping, the outfits were very approiate.

All in all on a scale of 1-10.

10 for the show representing the TG community in very good light
9 for outfits, makeup, wigs, and jewlery.
9 for voice, mannerisms, walk, and presentation
10 for how the other SIU officers approached the subject and reacted to their fellow officers in drag.
Jaye
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Jaye »

It's a Boy Girl Thing is out on DVD. I picked it up at Walmart this morning. It was only $10! It's kind of an update of the old Turnabout story: two teenagers (a boy jock and a brainy girl) bicker in front of an Aztec statue in a museum, which causes them to switch bodies.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0482527/

I haven't watched it yet, but the premise sounds cute.

Edit: As I was unwrapping the DVD, I noticed a little sticker on the corner of the package. I think the tags are for internal organization or something, because they always have an abbreviated version of the title. This one said "BOY GIRL TG". I guess I was meant to buy it. :)
The most common form of despair comes from not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard
Miss Robyn
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Miss Robyn »

Jaye how was that movie, trailer looked cute.

Might have to watch it if it was good.
Aileen
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Aileen »

Have you seen “Ellay Enchanted”? A ladies man gets a spell put on him. He turns into a woman. The great thing is that the woman is played by the guy in drag. I sure wish I knew what they were saying. But I love this because he doesn’t want to be a woman. I love reluctant crossdressers. He’s supposed to be a real woman, but his shoulders are too big to pass. As soon as I saw this I had to see every episode ( he wears some lovely dresses ), but I showed it to another crossdresser online, and he was kind of ho hum about it. You decide. If you like this little taste, search on Youtube for "Ellay Enchanted" to get every episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKg7OvD59WQ

Aileen: I've deleted your other (duplicate) post on this same topic, as your post in this Official thread is the correct location for it.

- SilverLady(SO), Site Administrator
Kendra Lynn
Miss Emerald Goddess

IT'S A BOY GIRL THING

Post by Kendra Lynn »

Hello all: I just got the DVD at BEST BUY. Last one they had left!! Hm...
Have only watched the first 20 minutes or so-- kind of reminds me of the "body swap" stories which seem to be so popular on sites like FICTIONMANIA. The two main actors do a cute job of acting like the other gender... I'll have better, more insightful, comments after I've seen the whole thing.
Of course there is some footage of cheerleaders doing their thing (glimpsed that in a trailer) and of course I'm interested in that!
Hope everyone's having a groovy summer!
Peace-- Kendra Lynn ("hippie cheerleader").
Jaye
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Jaye »

I finished watching "It's a Boy Girl Thing" tonight before work. I enjoyed it. I don't watch a lot of teen comedies anymore, but I didn't have any trouble getting into this one. Some of the humor is a little heavy-handed, but there's not a lot of the scatological gross-out stuff one sees in other movies of this genre. On a USA Today-style 4-star scale, I give it 3.
The most common form of despair comes from not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard
CherryLynn
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by CherryLynn »

"Crying game" is my fav TG film.
Just starting to explore my feminine nature- am very shy meek and demure. Addicted to looking and acting ladylike. Still have so many questions about exactly who I am- have so many mixed emotions about my gender issues.