THE OFFICIAL: CD / TG Movie & Theatre Discussion

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Jennifer Greenleaf

Post by Jennifer Greenleaf »

TOO WONG FOO AND BIRD CAGE ARE THE BEST
WendyC
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by WendyC »

I liked the "bird cage" alot too Jennifer. I thought Priscella Queen of the Desert was also very cute. I loved the music too being a big ABBA fan.
Sully

The Rocky Horror Picture Show!

Post by Sully »

SusanAnderson

Crossdressing film & movie discussion

Post by SusanAnderson »

Nobody has yet mentioned the Triple Echo, a film made from a book by H E Bates, about a deserter in WWII who disguises himself as a woman on a farm. Though he spends most of the film in a headscarf and trousers, he dresses up to the nines to go to a dance with Oliver Reed .... big mistake.
Pernille D
Miss Crystal Goddess

just like a woman

Post by Pernille D »

I am not one e that gets to see many films so i cant comment on many films .

Not many people say much about " just like a woman" it is a little old but covers a lot of issues , and i cant help feeling bad inside as he purges and burns his clothing , i am sure many of us know exactly how that feels .(once a cd your always a cd).

i wont say more except remember girls if you want a good evenings film . you can find it uploaded in 10 parts on you tube. it well worth a look at
Jessica Hannah
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Jessica Hannah »

The Rage (2009) Film starring Jude Law as a MTF transsexual supermodel

http://www.jessica-who.com/2009/10/main ... rage-film/
Stephanie_Gael
Miss Crystal Goddess

Re: Cross Dressers movies

Post by Stephanie_Gael »

Johanna wrote:One corallary of that theme is the little known movie Dr Jeckyll and Ms. Hyde. In that movie, the main character transforms into Sean Young, while at the dinner table. Ms. Hyde proceeds to use his credit card to buy lots of great outfits and frilly underwear. Always brings out the CD in me!
I haven't seen that one but there's a wonderful Hammer horror film called 'Dr Jekyll and Sister Hyde', where Ralph Bates is 'transformed' into Martine Beswick in front of your very eyes.
And got to wear some fabulous Victorian outfits, into the bargain!
Lydia
We Will Never Forget You - Rest in Peace

New Kevin Klein Flick

Post by Lydia »

Last night we saw a preview of a new movie: "The Extra Man", starring Kevin Klein.

There are elements of crossdressing in this film and could possibly bring up feelings that some of us might have about our personal situation. The urgent need and response to a piece of lingerie is vividly expressed.

It is Kevin Klein at his best in a very complex role, and it has some hilarious moments. It is a set of character studies, but the characters are an odd and unpredictable sort.

***** star recommendation from this nomally very critical viewer.

Hugs,

Lydia
"There comes a time ... when you must grasp the bull by the tail and face the situation."
Blaithin
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Blaithin »

Two of my all time favorites:
The Birdcage, seeing Gene Hackman dance out of the club all dolled up was priceless.
Stardust, seeing a another famous tough guy Robert De Niro play a cross derssing pirate was just too good. =D>
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

my picks and thoughts.

Post by Anne Bonny »

I just ordered Ed Wood, own Transamerica but thought it was rather seedy and I am not a transexual. Not really interested in Tootsie, or Robin williams in .... or the one about the drag queens riding a convertable across the southwest because I am not a drag queen, I'm not gay, and I believe over the top presentations tend to be grotesque representations which make fun of who we are. Some like it hot is old, but is a rather light comedy. Ed Wood was one of us though the movie is a comedy and off the wall in Johnny Depp style. I believe presentations that are light, humerous as well as nonjudgmental entertain, educate and present a more positive image, not really sure Ed Wood did that but I did order it.
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

There's a Chaplin movie, I think called "A Woman", which I've seen an extract from, where he dresses up (pretty convincingly, as I remember). I think "Outrageous" is a tremendous movie, and holds up to numerous viewing (drag element apart - and that's very good). There's a Danny La Rue vehicle, "Our Miss Fred", which is amusing rubbish. "That Sinking Feeling", Bill Forsyth's first film (the one before Gregory's Girl) reruns the idea from Thunderbolt and Lightfoot of someone dressing up to distract the security while a robbery goes on. Only this time it's played for laughs and there are two CDs.

There have been some examples of actors on British TV taking CD roles (one of a guy pretending to be a female tennis player. Another, I think of a guy whose wife took over his doctor role, so he takes over hers - sorry can't remember the names) which seem to have made the actors go up in the media's estimation. Tom Hanks started out (again, I think) in Bosom Buddies and then went onwards and upwards.

I always kind of feel that the film people have never really got CDing or related areas "right". Like it's played for fun - or there's the sound of an agenda being ground in the background. But then I'm not sure there are really many (any?) good books on these subjects either (maybe CJ would like to have a go at writing one).
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Rikki
Miss Golden Goddess

Dressed to Kill

Post by Rikki »

Just watched the 1980 Michael Kaine movie, Dressed to Kill the other night. Pretty sexy flick, even for cable. Angie Dickenson is killed by a slasher who, wouldn't you know turns out to be a "sick" transgenered cross dresser. I guess what dismayed me the most was the fact that the villan (I won't give it totally away in case anyone wants to view it) is made out to be mentally ill by his feelings involved in his transgendered situation.

While I was drawn into watching it, I was saddened. About myself, about the public perception of crossdressing (in general) and I guess about the inablility I have to discuss my feelings with anyone other than you kind people. Thankfully the public is becoming more accepting of variations of all kinds since the turn of the millenia so the feelings illustrated in that film I guess are much different being 30 years old.

They called it a Hitchcock-ian style film, and like Psycho, it left the same feeling with the viewer about a "man in a dress."

All poufed up now and feeling better,
Rikki
Be safe, Be frilled
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

And Silence of the Lambs didn't help matters either, Rikki. My wife brings that one up.
DonnaT
Vieja
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Re: THE OFFICIAL: Crossdressing Movie & Theatre Discussion

Post by Vieja »

A really fantastic and sensitive movie is ANOTHER WOMAN played by Nathalie Mann. It is french with English subtitles. It is about a man who leaves his family

and has the operation to become a woman. He can't stand losing his children and comes back to be in their lives again. In the end they accept him. A very

satisfying film.

Vieja
Latanya
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: THE OFFICIAL: Crossdressing Movie & Theatre Discussion

Post by Latanya »

and there is barbara streisand female to male both a broadway show and movie
YENTL
http://www.youtube.com/movie?v=qELJs1WU ... ture=mv_sr
The fem side of me is ever evolving and growing.