THE OFFICIAL: CD / TG Movie & Theatre Discussion

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

CherylM
Miss Silver Goddess

"The Hot Chick"

Post by CherylM »

A funny comedy. "The Hot Chick". Typical theme, gross guy and cute chick "swap" psyches. Toilet humor "Where's my dick?" etc. The two protagonists, play for comedy, and there are some funny moments.
Cheryl
Northern Virginia
LeftyRainbow(SO)
E-mail address not valid - Contact Admin

Post by LeftyRainbow(SO) »

I just had the pleasure of veiwing "A SOAP", a Danish film about a transgirl on her road to transition and her progressively intimate relationship with the sex addictive emotionally hard and confused GF (as in Genetic Female) upstairs neighbor.

Here is a link with brief descriptions:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419146/

Would love to know what others thought of the film.
Anyone? :-k
CJ
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by CJ »

Hi all,

Two films, both made in Quebec, that are also enjoyable but deal with difficult matters (that have to do more with transsexualism than crossdressing) are Tiresias and The Sex Of The Stars. I own both but have yet to watch Tiresias all the way to the end. Just too chilling for me.

The Sex Of The Stars deals with a transsexual woman's attempt to "return" to manhood/fatherhood for the sake of her young daughter. It's a difficult film. Tiresias is a semi-poetic take on the ancient Greek myth of Tiresias in which a transsexual prostitute is kidnapped from the Bois-de-Boulogne (and subsequently blinded) by a stalker who sequesters her in a small cell for many weeks, thus depriving her of her hormonal treatments. Of course, she slowly reverts back to manhood. For some reason, I find this one tough to watch. It's heartbreaking to watch someone forced to become someone they're not.

There are many good films out there. Keep your eyes peeled.

Love,
CJ
Jaye
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Jaye »

I forgot there was a dedicated movie thread when I posted this a couple weeks ago:

http://crossdressers-haven.com/forums/v ... php?t=7984
The most common form of despair comes from not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard
Carolynn
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carolynn »

Well, the TG portion of the movie is played (again) by a woman, but there is "Myra Breckenridge" that has not been mentioned. You know, from the truly bent Gore Vidal book? Not very realistic, but one where a sex change plays the integral part. And has Raquel Welch as the TS Myra and ummm, Rex Reed? as the male Myron. And oh yeah, Maye West in her last film, playing a truly ancient sexpot.

Love, Carolynn
"It’s not given to anyone to have no regrets; only to decide, through the choices we make, which regrets we’ll have,"
David Weber – In Fury Born
Absaroka
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Absaroka »

I absolutely loved Outrageous. The treatment of humor in it I thought was well done. I thought it was one of the most heart warming movies I've seen in a while. It was introduced to me by a friend shortly after he came out about being gay. He also liked The Naked Civil Servant which was about a gay man who presented as an effeminate male. This was the point of the movie, that he had no interest in being female but wanted to express a number of characteristics that are considered feminine.

There was one recently with Ving Rhames as a full time crossdresser in it. I forget the name.

Anyone who has kids has probably seen Mulan. It's a Disney animated movie about a woman who dresses as a man to join the Chinese army. It actually makes something of a feminist statement. Disney has made a lot of progress.

The Crying Game is about someone is both genders physically and I thought was very good.

I don't know what it is but there is something about crossdressing the way it is portrayed in movies like Cabaret and Victor Victoria that really irritates me. Maybe the whole man dressed as a woman dressed as a man or maybe I just don't like tuxedos and show business.

Absaroka
everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon
Zoe
Miss Crystal Goddess

Re: THE OFFICIAL: Crossdressing Movie & Theatre Discussi

Post by Zoe »

I remember a Western film some years ago, where the (female) heroine dressed as a male cowboy to find work. Can't remember the title on that one (anyone here know?)
The Ballad of Little Jo

Julie Waters appears in several TG friendly films: Just Like a Woman, Personal Services, Billy Elliott and one more whose title I can't remember.
Carolynn
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carolynn »

I don't recall, but has anyone mentioned "Lust in the Dust" with Divine as one of the female protagonistas? A nicely bent western comedy.
"It’s not given to anyone to have no regrets; only to decide, through the choices we make, which regrets we’ll have,"
David Weber – In Fury Born
Chloe
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Chloe »

I think we're forgetting something very important here:
The Rocky Horror Picture Show

End of story.
Amelie-Laveau
Permanently Banned

Post by Amelie-Laveau »

Virginia wrote:I started a thread about this movie I just saw the second half of but it seems very interesting and will try and either rent it or see it on the movie channels: "Breakfast on Pluto!"
Virginia
I just saw this movie, "Breakfast on Pluto", I loved it. The lead actress reminds me a bit of myself at times.
Lori A
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Lori A »

How about "What Women Want" with Mel Gibson where he was trying out all the feminine products where he could help produce a better add campaign. Pantyhose, leg waxing and I forget what all else, but I remember his daughter catching him in the act.
I also remember another movie, it may have been one of the "Porky's" or "Revenge of the Nerds" of "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" where one of the well respected teachers was caught in drag and outted
Roberta-Llyan
Permanently Banned

Re: THE OFFICIAL: Crossdressing Movie & Theatre Discussi

Post by Roberta-Llyan »

CherylM wrote:
I remember a Western film some years ago, where the (female) heroine dressed as a male cowboy to find work. Can't remember the title on that one (anyone here know?)

It was the BALLAD OF LITTLE JO (1993) Suzy Amis, Carrie Snodgrass Based on a true story, this is the tale of Josephine Monaghan, a young woman of the mid-19th century who is thrown out of her parents' home after being seduced by the family's portrait photographer and giving birth to an illegitimate child. Josephine quickly learns that young, female, pretty, and alone are a bad combination for life in the wild west. In her desperation to survive, Josephine disguises herself as "Jo", a young man, and struggles to make a life for herself in a dingy frontier mining town. Can "Little Jo" live and love without revealing his/her secret?

An excellent Western.
Roberta-Llyan
Permanently Banned

Post by Roberta-Llyan »

Gosh, CJ, having learned what I did recently from SL, I hope these 24 photos of movie posters don't clog the server.
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Roberta, I strongly recommend that you take a closer look at the date(s) of the image postings by CJ in this thread, and the date of my announcement post. I also recommend that you pay attention to the line, ". . . at the sole discretion of the administrators."

Enough said.

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Kandis
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Kandis »

Don't forget the following CDing being done in movies;

Arsenio Hall in Coming To America
Kurt Russell in Tango and Cash
William Defoe in The Boondock Saints
Kandis

I wear the bras and panties so she doesn't have to.