"we are fam 'a' lee"

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Kyra
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Kyra »

Ronnie have you tried to search out a support group in your area? Tri-Ess is a nationally registered group with chapters all over the country. Members of the GLBT community have support groups in many of the larger (and some smaller) cities as well.

These groups have the added advantage of talking to someone in person. Online groups such as this are great, but nothing replaces one on one contact with another human being. Communication is more than just words. Body language plays a huge part in conveying what you're trying to say and how it's interpreted. The little emoticons we use can help a little, but there's just no substitute for actually seeing someone's response. Know what I mean?

IMO, support groups are extremely useful in helping oneself to grow. (and helping our partners grow too!)

Just my two bits.
Hugs,
Kyra
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return. - Leonardo DaVinci
JoAnnDallas
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by JoAnnDallas »

They also help in other ways. I know of a girl that was afraind to go shopping en fem, until she went with two other girls from their surport group. Now she goes by herself all the time. Meeting and socializing with other from a surport group will really build your confidence a loit.