Trans 101 on Flight 2488

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Marlena Dahlstrom
Miss Emerald Goddess

Trans 101 on Flight 2488

Post by Marlena Dahlstrom »

Had a nice weekend going down to visit my Mom for her birthday. While I was there, we saw an excellent exhibition of Ansel Adams' photos, which I highly recommend seeing if you're in the Orange County area this spring.

On the flight home, I was reading the wonderful "Butch is a Noun," which caught the eye of the woman sitting next to me. Turns out she was a med student who's planning to go into psychiatry, so she was interested in learning about a variety of people's experiences. Which in turn led me to also recommend "She's Not the Man I Married," and in turn to mention that I crossdress and do some Trans 101. We had a nice discussion and I could see the lightbulbs going on in her head. An added bonus was that it turned out she hates flying, so our talk took her mind off that.

So hopefully it'll lead to one more person in the psychiatric community who's got a more realistic picture of what trans people are like.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.
Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.
Karren Hutton
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Karren Hutton »

You da woman, Marlena!!!

Love Karren
Proud member of the National Sarcasm Society... Like we need your support!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!