TG Movie Colectors

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Karren Hutton
Miss Platinum Goddess

TG Movie Colectors

Post by Karren Hutton »

I've been collecting TG movies for a few years and have a dozen or maybe 20 so far... And today I hit the jackpot.... Was at Best Buy and The Half Priced Bookstore... Bought "The Birdcage", "The Crying Game", and "Ed Wood"...

A I've seen The Birdcage before and its good comedy... And Ed Wood, well started to watch it... The wife rented it because she love Jonny Depp and it was just after she found out.. Things were pretty tense so we sat down to watch this and she had no idea who Ed was and I forgot but when Jonny said "I like to wear women's clothes". CLICK.... Lol. Not the right time to watch that!!!
I watched a little of the Crying Game at noon and Jaye Davidson is very good playing the TG Dil... And I recoginized her (him) as RA in the movie Stargate SG-1... Which at the time I saw it I thought that RA had very fem features for a guy!! And now I know why!!

So anyone else collect TG movies? What do you have and which are your favorites?

My favorites are "To Wong Foo" and "Just Like a Woman". I really want to see "Breakfast on Pluto" and "Kinky Boots"..

Love Karren
Proud member of the National Sarcasm Society... Like we need your support!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, Karren - -

Check out this link - you'll find we already have an "Official" thread on TG/CD movies and the like:

http://crossdressers-haven.com/forums/v ... 1020#81020

It took me a bit to find it, so I'm not surprised you didn't see in the Index, either!!

(--)

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Karren Hutton
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Karren Hutton »

Thanks, SL... I appreciate that!!!

Karren
Proud member of the National Sarcasm Society... Like we need your support!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Jeannie
Miss Ruby Goddess

These are some movies I like

Post by Jeannie »

Hi Karen

Priscilla,Queen of the Dessert is good in my opinion. "My life in Pink" a Belgian foreign film is also great as is Pedro Almodovar's(Spanish) "Bad Education" however it's not for the squeamish. "Flawless" with Robert DeNiro and Phillip Seymour Hoffman is another. "Normal" with Jessica Lange is also very well done.
Two other Pedro Almodovar films with transgendered elements are "All about my Mother" and "High Heels". His films are quite poingnent and just describe the human condition. All his movies are very good. His titles such as "Live Flesh" which is a very serious movie scare some people away.
One of my favorite films Karen, which has no transgendered references but is a story of friendship,acceptance and tolerance is"The Station Agent". It's worth watching and it could apply to people like us. It matters not what you look like on the outside but the person who you are inside. Some people can see that and unfortunately many cannot. That's life. Hugs

Love
Jeannie