How do I Tell My Parents

A 'round table' for friends and family members of Crossdressers and Transgenders.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Eileen (SO)

Christian B

How do I Tell My Parents

Post by Christian B »

Hey guys its Christian. As some of you may have read my in my last post i'm only 16, and a starting crossdresser.

I mainly like wearing tights and pantyhose, so i guess that my question is. Should i tell my parents outright or should it be a gradual thing, and how should i tell them.
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Re: How do I Tell My Parents

Post by DonnaT »

As I said before, your mother already knows, so you can find a quiet time to sit with her and bring it up.

First, you need to figure out why you want to tell them.

Next, you have to be prepared to tell them every thing, because if you tell them it is just about tights and hosiery, the question that will come up is "why did you also have your sister's bras and panties?". Honesty in such a situation is the best policy.

Even though my mom knew, I never had the nerve to discuss it with her, until several years ago. She's fine with it.
DonnaT
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

Hello again young lady.

I'd start with Mom. From various folks here, Dad's don't always seem to be the best when it comes to their presumed son's wanting to be their daughters. Not saying your Dad won't be fine, but Moms can help once they understand what you want and what is expected of them. Hummm.. kinda like a parent talking about managing kids....

As Donna said, be honest and be prepared for questions. Interestingly enough, being prepared to answer questions doesn't mean having all the answers. "I dunno" is a perfectly valid answer if it's honest.

Maybe one way to get the conversation going is to ask if they have noticed anything going on with you. If so then you can ask if they want to know more or if they are ready to hear about it. If they haven't noticed, then it's a toss up, but you got Mom thinking....
{squeezes}
Davita
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Very good advice here Christian. As Donna said first off your mother knows, mothers always know. Also really think about why you really need to tell them. If it is just a thing for pantyhose and/or tights than I am not sure its really necessary to raise the issue unless there is a compelling underlying need like you want to go further in your dressing or you got caught or almost caught.

Davita is right about starting with your mother and be prepared for the questions such as " Are you gay?" or "Do you want to be a woman?" because they will come up. Whatever the answers to those questions or any others be open and honest and yes I agree "I don't know" is a perfectly acceptable answer as long as it is the truth!

As I said earlier if it is just a thing for hosiery weigh the downsides to telling them. I very highly doubt that at least initially when you tell them there is going be open arm acceptance and your mother is going to take you shopping for your own pantyhose. Most of the times it doesn't work that way if that is in the back of your mind. I wish you the best regardless of what you decide but think of Donna's question.
DonnaT wrote: First, you need to figure out why you want to tell them.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Nicole Rose
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Nicole Rose »

Hi Christian, so nice to hear from you, Dianna, Davita, Donna, are all right on with their advice. At your younge age and stage of your cdrsing, I wouldn't say or tell your parents anything at this time, take your time as you are so young. When you are on your own and out of parents care you will know when the time is right, enjoy yourself and your fem-time Christian, being a cdrser is a lifetime choice, embrace your feelings and all will work its way through. Take care Christian, (--) nicole