Sometimes there is Good News!

A 'round table' for friends and family members of Crossdressers and Transgenders.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Eileen (SO)

Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Sometimes there is Good News!

Post by Diana Michelle »

Not sure this is where this belongs but I am sure SL will move it if necessary. I just got home from having breakfast with a beautiful 23 YO young lady. Her true beauty is that when I met her 8 years ago she was a gawky 15 YO teenaged boy! I actually first met her mother who was given my name and number by a local LGBT organization as her 15 YO son had just told her he wanted to be a girl. I spent some time with her mother and sister as well as Amanda over the years and watched her grow and blossom with the support and love of her sister and mother. Her parents were divorced when I met her and well let us just say her father is an a**hole! She had her surgery a little over a year ago and is now going back to school to get her degree in clinical psychology. I guess I just wanted to let all of you know there is hope and success stories out there.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Re: Sometimes there is Good News!

Post by Carol Ann »

It is so nice to hear good things now and again. I have to say I am very proud of her mother as at 14 my mother help me along the path of being a cd'er. No Carol had no interest in going all the way as I don't believe the information was anywhere when I was growing up. ``5
Carole Hill
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Carole Hill »

Hi Diana,

Thanks for this upbeat and positive post. I have read stories like this on Fiction Mania but have never read one that is based upon fact.
Hugs, Carole
Toni_Lynn_P
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Toni_Lynn_P »

Reading things like this makes me go all smiles and warm inside

Hugs

Toni-Lynn
Kelly
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Kelly »

Thank you for sharing this story Diana. And more importantly, thank you for making yourself available to Amanda and her mother when they needed you.

Your an angle,

Kelly
I thought a CD was something you stuck in a computer
Robyn
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Robyn »

I too think it's so wonderful that you make yourself available to others Diana. I'm sure you helped that young girl in so many ways.
Normal, just not average,
Robyn
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

It is wonderful to hear such a positive and successful story. It also makes it easier when the family members are supportive. Good on the mom for seeking information and support for her child.

It was very nice of you to make your self available Diana. I am very sure that your support lead to the successful outcome.
Requal
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Many years when I was a gawky crossdresser I stumbled into a support group in the Detroit are where I met Jane who was post op. :) She mentored me, helped me down my path and did the best she could to keep me on the straight and narrow which was not an easy task. :oops: I can't tell you how many thousand times I have said "Thank you" to her for her help, guidance, and love. She always told that no thanks were necessary and that all she asked is that I never forget from where I came and that she hoped someday I would have the opportunity to experience the joy she did with me.

Her words always stayed with me and I have assisted several girls to find their path whether that was simply a crossdresser or a pre-op as my friend Deidre is but Amanda is the first person I have been through the experience as Jane did with me, I understand now what she told me and trust me it is the most wonderful feeling. We are a small group girls and most of the time a very misunderstood one. Sadly too often we have to rely on each other for that love, support, and guidance. I really didn't post this thread to be made a saint or to tell you how wonderful I was. I posted so you could see there are really success stories as well as hoping it may motivate even a single one of you to take that step and help someone who needs whether it be another of us or just your elderly neighbor who is struggling to clear their driveway of snow.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon