Would you want to stop crossdressing

A 'round table' for friends and family members of Crossdressers and Transgenders.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Eileen (SO)

Ramona
Miss Silver Goddess

Would you want to stop crossdressing

Post by Ramona »

I have question for all of us.
If they had a pill that you could take and it would take away the desire to crossdress and after taking it you would never have the desire to dress again would you take the pill or not ? For me I am not sure I would want to change What do you all think?
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Re: Would you want to stop crossdressing

Post by Carol Ann »

No, why? :-k
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Good question. There is no such pill, no procedure to ablate that part of our gender. It is very difficult in this world having to fight society, with 90% of women wanting someone who is "all man." Those are just major currents we have to swim upstream against every second of every day. So would I rather carry on the fight or switch? Switching is easy if it's just a pill and if I felt masculine and felt good about that all the time fitting the binary gender template...Why the hell not? Yes I would and without any regrets because supposedly I would feel fully masculine and like that all of the time and I would fit right in with society.

Thing is thought there is no such pill and fact is nearly half the time I do feel quite feminine and feel absolutely joyful and wonderful about it. I do enjoy being a girl every second of it when I feel that way. So I have no regrets I have been gender fluid since birth, am who I am.
Go with the flow
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

I would, as long as it didn't change anything else, to appease my wife.
DonnaT
Giselle
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Giselle »

it would take it in a heartbeat, the hurt i have put my wife through is awful
63 yr old married crossdresser still coming to terms what this is all about?
Joan Grey
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Joan Grey »

Not sure if I'd want to take it. I enjoy the choice of being whatever (whoever?). On the other hand, if I gave it to my wife I'd get all my flannel shirts back....
Janet Bern
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Janet Bern »

I would stop if I could. As long as I have the desire that doesn't stop, I go with it.
Martina Hall
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Martina Hall »

Helluva lot easier to give up pills.
I AM my own hot girlfriend.
Paulette
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Paulette »

Carol Ann wrote:No, why? :-k
I'd go with Carol Ann here. I've made my life what it is, and the only things I'd change about it are those that had nothing to do with me: I'd like Judy and Beth to still be alive.

Two wives with radically different mindsets, and still married to and loving each of them? Now wouldn't that be a kick in the backside!
~ Paulette
~ just lucky, I guess.
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

TY Paulette (--) ,

I know a lot of new members don't know Carol Ann but a lot of older members do.
Now that being said I have crossdressed going on 63 years with a loving and supportive wife now.

I enjoy being who and what I am a HAPPY CD'er, just a guy in a dress rotf .
Martha G
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Martha G »

When I first got on this forum I only wanted to perfect my dressing to go to costume parties.

I hated the fact that I might have a CD urge.

Would have taken a whole bottle of pills.

But after being on this forum and with the help of the nice ladies here I have changed my mind.

My urge to CD and be more feminine and possibly one day if the circumstances permit dress 24/7 as woman has grown greatly.

Thanks to all the fine girls here that have helped me change my mind.

I thoroughly enjoy dressing as and being a woman.

No. I would not take a pill!
I AM NOW A WOMAN- I FOUND MYSELF
Kelly
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Kelly »

I want to expand the scenario just a bit. I am a White Anglo-Saxon Anglican Cross Dresser. If a pill existed to change any of those attributes would I????

I bring this up because taking a pill implies treating a sickness, or the symptom of a sickness. I'm not sick, I am what I am (and eat my spinach :) ). So what we are talking about is something that changes what you are into something else; and for the efficiency of conversation calling that "something" a "pill".

Having said all that, would I take any of the four pills? No, No, maybe, in a nanosecond. Why. It all has to do with distractions. I have never been distracted by being White, I have never been distracted about being Anglo-Saxon, I am occasionally distracted about being Anglican (but that is a different topic of conversation). I am constantly distracted by being a Cross Dresser.

I think about fashion, mannerisms, voice, figure, makeup, wrinkles, weight. Could I polka backward and not get dizzy? I fantasize. I scheme. On some days it is all consuming. On other days hardly at all. Thing is there are only so many hours in a day. Time spent on the distractions is time not spent on something else; sometimes regretfully so.

Would my life be better? Who knows.

" I know what you're thinking, 'cause right now I'm thinking the same thing. Actually, I've been thinking it ever since I got here: Why oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill? "
--- Cypher in 'The Matrix'
I thought a CD was something you stuck in a computer
Martha G
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Martha G »

[quote="Martha G"

I thoroughly enjoy dressing as and being a woman.

No. I would not take a pill![/quote]

But the urge comes and go. When the feeling is not there I would take a pill to get rid of it and not have to fool with it anymore.

Sort of Jeckyl and Hyde. When the feelings are there I love it, when not, I most certainly want to get rid of it, pill or no pill.
I AM NOW A WOMAN- I FOUND MYSELF
DanielleM
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by DanielleM »

Being a part time dresser and with the stress and anxiety me and my wife suffer thru, I would. I don't consider it a sickness at all, just some thing I would change.
Don't worry about what other people think, because they don't.
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

I like Kelly's point about this being just one aspect of who I am. But rather than looking at random attributes, I'll consider those which might be considered as having room for improvement.

I am too short
My hair is terrible
I am impatient with people and not very sociable
I didn't learn calculus as well as I should have
I am a crossdresser
I am rather selfish
I am not as thorough as I could be, and sometimes take shortcuts
I have insignificant boobs
I should loose about 15 pounds

So this is my top 9 list of things that might be thought of as detriments. As I look though this list, I find that I only agree that some of them are really objectionable. Those items on the list which society might think should be changed, I don't necessarily agree with.
So my answers of what I would change if I could take a pill are:

1. too short - no
2. hair - yes
3. impatience - no
4. calculus - yes
5. crossdressing - no
6. selfish - yes
7. shortcuts - no
8. boobs - yes
9. weight loss - no

It might seem crazy that I would say no for #9, but for me taking a pill to lose weight would be taking a shortcut and make me guilty of #7. One might try to make that same argument about learning calculus but I disagree. There is no virtue in being abused by math; it is simply a tool and the quicker and easier one acquires it the better for everyone involved.
And everything else on the list is about my own vanity, it's purely what I want for myself. So if I took the pill for #6 then probably all the answers would change.

The conclusion being that, I have several traits that most people will consider to be faults. But I don't want to change them. I'm sure everyone has things they would change about themselves were it perfectly easy, but I also believe that anyone who pretends they would like to be perfect is lying. I think that on some level we like our "flaws".

Crossdressing is not something I consider to be a flaw in myself. And lately I've begun to dislike the term, or any term on the subject. It is based on the premise that there is a "right" way to dress and that I'm not doing it. I have no compunctions against flying in the face of expectations, but I do sort of resent the implication that society's consensus opinion on a subject makes it "right" and everything else "wrong". I relate more to the "fashion freedom" idea. I've gotten over the thrill of wearing a skirt in public for it's novelty. Now I like wearing a skirt or a dress because they are more comfortable, and I like the way I look in them. It's all of the standard reasons: more choices, they look nicer, comfort, etc.
Of course some of those reasons don't really apply to lingerie. But people do things all the time that seem to make little sense, just because we like the way it makes us feel. So if some people want to wear Harley Davidson gear and pretend to be a biker gang, is there fundamentally any difference with me wearing a cute bra and wishing I could fill up a 38C? I have a friend who is a railroad fanatic, a serious fanatic. Who can say why he has such an intense fascination with trains? And does it really even matter why? That's what he likes; and if I don't understand it that has no significance to the subject.

I understand that it can be really hard for people who do not accept it of themselves, or who have SO's that do not accept it. And of course I have no right to say they should just accept it, or be happy about it. We all must live our own lives as best we can. It's very useful having a place like this to talk about it and sort it all out.