Self esteem issues

A 'round table' for friends and family members of Crossdressers and Transgenders.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Eileen (SO)

Hanna
Miss Emerald Goddess

Re: Self esteem issues

Post by Hanna »

Stephanie I feel the way you do. And Gaby, I sure you have been reading all the dressing -purging stories. And the fact that the dressing urge doesn't go away. It only seems to get stronger.
I haven't seen anyone say anything to the contrary- unless maybe they just quietly go away and say nothing mor
You're young, pretty, don't think you'll ever have that problem.
Someone, maybe someone here, told me the older you are the easier it gets to pass.
Estefania
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: Self esteem issues

Post by Estefania »

Hanna, sure, I have read all the stories. However, just a thought... don't you ever wonder if the reason why we never hear stories about those who stopped dressing is because they also stopped posting stories related to their own crossdressing?
Also, believe me sister, I'm no spring chicken at 50. :) (Thank you for the compliment though!!)

I also believe that about how the older you get, the easier it is to pass. For many reasons. One very obvious one... people really doesn't pay much attention to how old timers are dressing. Men and women. Ever heard that about how older couples start looking more like each other? Well, yeah... they start having more things in common... wrinkles and dark circles come to mind. Not making fun of older people! If God allows, I hope to live to old age.

Now, back to what I said that I would stop dressing if I don't think I look good enough, while it is true... reminds me of what I say when I have been to the vending machine for the third time and not getting anything the first couple times... I will be lowering my expectations until I may actually get some item from it. So, yeah, I may also be lowering my expectations when it comes to my look. :) In a way, I kind of wish I could get the thrill most get when they are wearing the clothes. But it is just not there anymore.

Gaby