Just Found Out My Brother is a CD

A 'round table' for friends and family members of Crossdressers and Transgenders.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Eileen (SO)

Katie Tate (GG)
Miss Crystal Goddess

Just Found Out My Brother is a CD

Post by Katie Tate (GG) »

I have just found out that my brother is a CD. This is a surprise or should I say a shock to me. I am 53, and I never dreamed of "this secret". I am having a hard time right now, but am trying to read your forum to learn about this subject.

Roberta seems to get along better with me these days, and for that I am grateful. I do love her very much, and for that reason, is why I have joined this forum.

Thank you for listening, and I hope to get to know each of you, and ask for your help in me understanding about this subject and reasonings.

Hugs, Katie (GG)
Katie Tate
Absaroka
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Absaroka »

Welcome again Katie. Is there anything in particular that you want to ask us about?

Absaroka
everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon
Kimberly Kael
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Kimberly Kael »

Welcome! I suspect this is a confusing time and it can all be a bit overwhelming, but you've found a great place to observe and learn. Don't be shy with questions when you have them, even if they've been covered before. You never know when a new thread on an old theme will bring something new to light.

I sincerely hope you enjoy your visits here.
~ Kimberly

“To escape criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing." - Elbert Hubbard
Roberta-Llyan
Permanently Banned

Post by Roberta-Llyan »

On behalf of my sister, I would like to thank you who have been kind to her and assisting her as she travels this part of her journey. To quote another long ago: "What you do unto her, you do unto me."

Have a beautiful day.
Lucy Michelle
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Lucy Michelle »

I can't imagine what it's like for you, learning about this. I hope this forum helps you.

Do keep us informed.
Lucy xx
Katie Tate (GG)
Miss Crystal Goddess

Hey Ms. Lucy

Well Ms. Lucy, I can't deny that is a shock to me, but we never got along growing up, but now we are, and I am happy about that. I will continue to read and learn as I go along.

Thanks very much for your post.

Hugs, Katie (GG)
Katie Tate
Roberta-Llyan
Permanently Banned

Post by Roberta-Llyan »

I JOIN WITH YOU ALSO KATIE TATE. I AM happy we are getting along better. It is the GREATEST thing that has occured recently in my life. I applaud you and salute you for your effort to understand and to accept.

THANK YOU.

=D> =D> =D>
Kandis
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Kandis »

Roberta-Llyan and Katie Tate,

Please accept my deepest heartfelt thanks as a sister who desires to find her sister from many years ago to hopefully rekindle a relationship long since lost. I dream that one day I will find her and she and I can make amends for whatever it was that came between us. I dream of the day I can come to her and tell her I am a CD and have her accept and understand me as you accept Roberta.
Kandis

I wear the bras and panties so she doesn't have to.
Katie Tate (GG)
Miss Crystal Goddess

Lovely of you

I wanted to say that I thank you for the lovely comment you have made to both Ms. Roberta and myself. Also, I hope the same for you to find your sister and start making progress for a renewed relationship.

And also, Kandis is a lovely name.

Hugs, Katie (GG)

Please do not use the Quote button to post your reply. Simply click on the Post Reply button, which is found at the very top and very bottom of every thread, to post your reply. Quoting an entire post in your reply is redundant and clutters the overall classy view of the Forum. Thank you!

- - SilverLady(SO), Site Administrator
Katie Tate
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Katie,

You know there is and old saying, "love and time heals all hurt". Forgive and move on with a smile and an open mine. (--)
Katie Tate (GG)
Miss Crystal Goddess

How Lovey!

Hey Ms. Carol Ann, thank you for such a lovely saying. I wrote it down so I could share and pass it on.

Hugs, Katie (GG)

Please do not use the Quote button to post your reply. Simply click on the Post Reply button, which is found at the very top and very bottom of every thread, to post your reply. Quoting an entire post in your reply is redundant and clutters the overall classy view of the Forum. Thank you!

- - SilverLady(SO), Site Administrator
Katie Tate
Jane Eyre
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Jane Eyre »

it is good you are wanting to understand your brother/sister Katie.

Im sure he will appreciate it

is he on the forum too?
Katie Tate (GG)
Miss Crystal Goddess

Hey Jane

Well thank you for your post. I believe she is glad that I am trying to understand. No I am afraid that she is not with us anymore, but I am here to learn more about CD/TG.

Again thanks to you.

Hugs, Katie (GG)
Katie Tate
Georgia(SO)
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Georgia(SO) »

Oops... when I answered your question in gg talk, I didn't realize it was your brother - so feel free to ignore the stuff about sexuality, etc. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll:

I'll slink on outta here now...

-georgia(so)
Virginia
Goddess of the Universe

Post by Virginia »

Hi Katie,

I think you will find that my position on this is perhaps a bit more "militant" than some. I think (and science is evidently begining to bare this out - that we are born this way) that it is a "gift!" To have some insight into the why's and wherefore's of the female equation and to be able to express some of those traits that most of us admire is truly a "Gift.

The gentleness, understanding, listening, touching, smiling, little things that can make someone else's day go a little better. Traits that most guys just have not got a clue about - and most could care less. We are born with them, some of us have tried to repress them, supress them, ignore them and some are capable of taking them to the grave, but others of us have found the beauty in letting them out and touching other people's lives with our gift! It is not for a lot of us about the dressing, you don't have to have on a mini skirt and tight sweater to be feminine in your interactions with others. There is a place on the, what we call "the cross dressers continuum" for everyone who is even slightly touched with the gift to those who are just passing through on their way to the ultimate transistion. I for one consider myself what I call a "NOTS" a non- op transexual. I have found a balance in my life for both my male and female being and it works for me. Others struggle with dominance by one or the other and that can be tough. Finding the balance is a goal and it does not happen over-night. You will also note that some GG's be they SO's or relatives, like yourself, struggle with this and we, the CD's are for the most part amiable to your setting "bounderies," or "rules" that you can live with as long as it is by mutual consent, then expand them as understanding and comfort levels grow.

Be gentle with your brother, please keep an open mind and I think you will find that having a "sister" and a brother can be a very rewarding experience!

Love,

Virginia
First star to the right, then straight on 'till mornin!