I broke down

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

I broke down

Post by Carol Ann »

Yes Carol Ann done something I never ever figured I would do, I broke down and purchased a PANTS suit ..|/- .

I have always been a skirt or dress lady and with the help of my wife I done it as old man winter is coming to the Ozarks.
With a pair of heels it doesn't look to bad and I feel comfortable, now for me the down side is I have to wear PH and they are a pain to put on #-o .

Guess it's time to get modern and go with the style.
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Re: I broke down

Post by DonnaT »

:sick: Eeeww

rotf
DonnaT
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Pant suits as well as dress slacks can be as feminine as a skirt Carol Ann! Not sure about the pantyhose comment as they are generally my hose of choice. If the pantyhose is so much a nuisance to you just go with sheer knee highs. If it is the support for ah, well you know, you seek just put a shaper. Heaven knows many GG's do that all the time for a different support.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Don't fret Carol Ann, I'm sure you look just fine. You'll actually fit in the public eye better as so many women wear pants or slacks regardless of the weather.
Try a pair of hip hugging stretch jeans next. I know you all love the skirts and dresses, but I'll trade you an Ozark winter for a Chicago one. You may never wear a winter skirt again.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

Do the Ozarks equal h**ll?!!! OMG! :lol: Carol oh my.... :)

Here's a little help with the pantyhose. A stretchier pair of tights like a textured pair will be easier to put on and they will be warmer (if you want warmer). If you can, avoid the control tops as they tend to be snugger all over not just the control top. In the long run (pun intended) if you stop a run from showing and growing, you can keep wearing them under the pants since no one is going to know you have the run; that will save a dollar or two replacing them.

BTW and not knowing why you are wearing the hose under your pants, there are trouser socks for a reason. They are for covering your ankles to match your pants (or make a statement depending) without roasting your parts and legs.
{squeezes}
Davita
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Husband and I had this discussion, he is an avid skirt wearer because it feels feminine. Wifey here prefers separates as they fit better and only wears a skirt for certain occasions. I swear, he wears skirts more often than I do! He does have several pair of woman's jeans, but says they feel too casual.
Buy some knee high stockings and enjoy your pants suit. As I recall, you dress female most of the time. You'll blend in better wearing slacks.

Eileen
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

OK all,
The PH were what my wife told me to wear as she said they smooth me from all the way down and the slacks will look better and flow without sticking to my legs.

And yes they were a support pair which I really liked a bit hard to put on but very comfortable.
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Some fabrics fall smoother over hosiery, and keeps your legs warmer.
Listen to your wife, she knows.

Eileen
Wendae
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Wendae »

And the hose feel great and sound great 8)
I believe I was a lesbian in my past life