Coat For Winter

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Martha G
Miss Golden Goddess

Coat For Winter

Post by Martha G »

I would like to get a nice ladies coat for winter.

I was thinking of a full length winter coat with a nice satin lining.

What kind of coat would you recommend, ladies.

I am in an area that does get cold but nothing in the teens or below zero. Mostly wind and chill factor.
I AM NOW A WOMAN- I FOUND MYSELF
Virginia
Goddess of the Universe

Re: Coat For Winter

Post by Virginia »

I have gotten several nice coats from ------ of all places ---- Burlington Coat Outlet!

Shop on!!!!

V
First star to the right, then straight on 'till mornin!
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

I currently have all waist length coats but have been looking at longer full length coats. Have fun shopping.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Martha G
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Martha G »

I wouldn't mind having a waist length coat.

But I like the shorter skirts and really would like something longer. But no matter, the cold wind still blows up your skirt either way.

I also loved the lovely satin lining of various longer coats I have seen.
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

Martha, do you want trendy or classic? Find and inexpensive place to shop and see what fits and looks good. And you don't want one coat, you need a couple coats for casual and dressy and you need a jacket for the transitional temperatures. In addition for the coats, consider how wet your area is; you might want a tretch coat that let's you take out the liner so you can be warmer or cooler but dry.
{squeezes}
Davita
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Any coat that is longer than your waist will look more feminine than above. Winter is a tough time to look like a woman, scarves and matching gloves help.
Martha G wrote: I am in an area that does get cold but nothing in the teens or below zero. Mostly wind and chill factor.

Are you kidding? That's not winter weather. In cold weather, skirts are out of the question.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Martha G
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Martha G »

But still, I would like to have a nice beautiful winter coat for the colder days.
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

I agree with Davita, you need to have a few different coats. But Eileen is right, that's not cold weather, you can probably do fine with just a sweater :lol:

Well it depends on the sort of style you like. For the mild weather you are talking about, I think I would just wear a long cardigan. As I'm sitting here in the coffee shop typing this, I see across the room a lady is wearing a black and grey cardigan that looks pretty warm, and comes to about the mid-thigh. I have a white one, not quite that long, but it goes very nicely with almost any dress for cooler weather.
Martha G
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Martha G »

Thanks girls for your advise.

I think I will get some different types for the variance in the weather. We do get some real cold days.

Also will check out the different styles that would appeal to me. Maybe a trendy one and maybe a classic one.

Will check out on the net as well as some thrift stores.

A sweater or two would be nice but I will need to get at least one coat for those real cold days.
Trudy
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Trudy »

I probably have7 or 8 different coats/jackets for winter. Living here in the Detroit area mandates that. The advice here is good Martha. If you live in a damp climate consider a trench coat or even a hooded jacket, there re a lot of them that will give that feminine look you are looking for,
Martha G
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Martha G »

Well I can see that I am going to have a great time shopping for coats.

As long as they give me that feminine look and keep me warm, that's what I want.

Thanks.