Bra materials have changed?

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Anita
Miss Diamond Goddess

Bra materials have changed?

Post by Anita »

I have not bought a new bra in many years. They don't wear out, since I'm not putting them through daily usage and they only hold forms. Recently, I had a suitcase with girl clothing stolen from me--I set it beside the building I was going to, twenty feet from the sidewalk, and it disappeared in the time it took me to cross the street, unlock my driver's side door, and turn around.

So I lost a black bra, and wanted to replace it. I found that they don't make that type of bra any more. The cotton/spandex combinations that I have seem to have disappeared, and everything I see is some type of foam rubber. Are there no older women out there who still would buy the 'old' style bras, if they were available? Do I have to shop online?
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Bra materials have changed?

Post by Davita »

If all you're finding are foam bras, then you aren't looking at the right styles. There is a dozen styles now and many have no padding at all. I suggest looking online but that doesn't mean you have to buy online. An easy online shopping experience for bras is Onestop (http://www.onestopplus.com/plus-size-de ... ptid=11752)) I don't know what size you are, but again, this is to let you see a lot of options. Make a note of the style and brand then check any department store you want.

Happy Hunting! Oh, PM KimberlyS :) She's got more bras than I have shoes.
{squeezes}
Davita
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Ahem, Dear moderator Anita,
This 'older lady' has never bought padded or foam cup bras. Like I need the extra padding and heat factor. While I do admit to buying bras on line because of the sales and combine several items under one name for bonus points. I do have to agree with Davita, you're looking at the wrong area, or in the wrong store.
Geesh, even Target has bras in my size with no padding.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Yes Anita bras have changed over the years, well at least the 35 years I have been wearing them, and for the most part for the better. As for manufacturers discontinuing a certain style bra, sadly get used to it girl! :( I am sure everyone of us has had that happen to them, right Eileen?

Most of the department stores have a vast array of bras in different materials, styles, and colors so just look around. Eileen mentioned Target, heck even Wally World has a huge selection, many with panties to match if that is your thing. Personally I generally get my bras at Kohl's. They carry the Warner's styles I prefer for everyday and when they are on sale and I get one of those 30% discounts I stock up as I never know when I will never be able to get them.

If nothing else Anita have fun shopping, I know you will! :lol:
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon