Skorts!

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Toni_Lynn_P
Miss Emerald Goddess

Skorts!

Post by Toni_Lynn_P »

I love 'em! What can I say.

It may be cold and snowy outside, and I can't get out on my bike for a few months, but I am getting ready to roll. So, I was in Sport Chek on New Year's Eve and saw this darling Adidas Perfomance Skort. It was $49, but I am worth it, and can't wait to get out on my bike whilst wearing it.

Adidas Skort 1

Adidas Skort 2

Photos of me in it, soon

Hugs

Toni-Lynn
Robyn
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: Skorts!

Post by Robyn »

All I can say is I love that word, "skorts"... such a cute ring to it. :)
Normal, just not average,
Robyn
Toni_Lynn_P
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Toni_Lynn_P »

And -- I look darn cute when wearing them!

I know that I am not the only guy who wears them to bike ride and run, as there is a blog out there -- Running Skirt Man or something. Plus I have had a review of one posted at Running Room with full knowledge as being posted by a guy.

I was asked once, only once, in a store why I was wearing a skirt. I explained that it was a skort and that it was less restricting when bike riding and less 'revealing' if you catch my drift. The response from the woman who asked was, 'Hmm-- makes sense to me!'

Hugs

Toni-Lynn

*** Post edited to remove redundant quote, as per: http://crossdressers-haven.com/forums/v ... 65&t=10059" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - SL
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

I have 3, more for casual wear instead of sports. Work well on a windy beach.
DonnaT
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

Help me out her girls I go back to the days of scooter skirts and skorts. Skorts were half skirt and half shorts. The front looked like a skirt and the back like shorts. A scooter was the attached full shorts under a whole skirt. If I'm not mistaken, scooters go back to when little girls would have the combo on so they could play, look like girls and not be showing their panties. Skorts? was that late 60s? Early 70s kind of for the same reason as scooters, but for adults? I hate the look of skorts by the definition I am familiar and I have several scooters I wear for summer that aren't active wear. For example, one is a pleated denim skirt with the shorts under.
{squeezes}
Davita
Toni_Lynn_P
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Toni_Lynn_P »

Davita wrote:Skorts were half skirt and half shorts. The front looked like a skirt and hte back like shorts. A scooter was the attached full shorts under a whole skirt
What you escribe as a scooter, or scooter skirt, is what is now being sold as a skort. In gfact if you go to the website for the place I bought my latest (http://www.sportchek.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and search for adidas Response Skort Womens, you see them.

This is the one that I bought a Running Room:

http://ca.shop.runningroom.com/women/co ... ilter=6241" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you look at the reviews tab, you will see my (crossdressed as a) boy review

Hugs

Toni-Lynn
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

I had never heard the term scooter skirt before. After an online search, you are correct Davita.

Although the terms seem to have become synonymous by some sellers, that does not make them correct.

All mine are scooter skirts, not skorts.
DonnaT
Robyn
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Robyn »

All this scooter talk... and you all have 'em... I guess they're really functional... gotta get a pair.

Added to the shopping list, thanks girls!!!
Robyn
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, ladies -

Yes, there is a difference between scooter skirts and skorts. The scooter skirt is by far dressier, the skorts are just glorified shorts. :roll:

I prefer the scooter skirt as they look so much better and can be 'dressed up' or 'dressed down' as the occasion warrants. I have been able to find scooter skirts at JC Penney in their St. John's Bay line of clothing - the better ones have a matching suit jacket - and I've also found them at Beall's stores in Florida.

I see absolutely no reason why anyone would want to wear a skort, even for sports wear; I think they look absolutely ridiculous. If one wants the comfort of shorts then wear shorts. YMMV

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Toni_Lynn_P
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Toni_Lynn_P »

Very strange -- everything that I see at places like Target that are a pair of short under a 'full' skirt are refereed to as a skort (or skorts with an S if you will). I've not seen anything advertised as being a scooter skirt. That said I have seen them advertised as a 'running skirt'. I wonder if, just being silly old me here, the inclusion of the letter S makes all the difference.

I agree that something that is essentially a pair of shorts with shall we say, an 'apron' in front as opposed to a skirt that goe steh whole way around is a might unattractive.

All that aside -- hmm -- scooter skirt - -well, I've always wanted one of those little Honda scooters to 'putt-putt' arond town -- does Penelope Pitstop spring to mind?

Hugs

Toni-Lynn
Carol Elizabeth
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Carol Elizabeth »

Skorts -- scooters -- split skirts -- culottes ---- it is all so confusing at times as one company calls the by one name and another company by a different name.

For those out shopping, I found a shop at:

http://www.modestapparelusa.com/modest- ... ottes.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

that has a lot of these kinds of garments. Being old enough for Medicare, I usually like my a shade longer than the ones pictured in the links above. I have no affiliation with the company other that I like their products.

But yes, the modesty factor for these garments is great especially of one is active with a risk of exposing ones-self.

CE
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
Ms. Erin
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Ms. Erin »

So many names for so many clothes... I use this listing sometimes:

http://www.clothesfinder.co.uk/Garments
I am a woman of trans experience.
Robyn
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Robyn »

Erin, that's very cool... how on earth did you stumble across that site?
Robyn
Ms. Erin
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Ms. Erin »

Dear Robyn, I don't remember, but English is my second language, so probably while searching for the right words?
I am a woman of trans experience.
Toni_Lynn_P
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Toni_Lynn_P »

It was 12 degrees C/ 56 F here in British Columbia today -- clear blue sunny skies --- and time for a bike ride. And of course -- I wore my new Adidas Perfomance Skort. Lovely! There's picture in the gallery

Hugs

Toni-Lynn