bra shopping for long shoulder straps

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Janet Bern
Miss Platinum Goddess

bra shopping for long shoulder straps

Post by Janet Bern »

I am tall and hav a problem buying bras ewith shoulder straps that are long enough to allow the bra to ride low enough so that the breast ride too high. Today I happened to stop by Crossgate Mall in Albany. I was en drab but was wearing a bra and my breastforms under a sweater with a light vest over it. I usually walk around Malls this way and no one notices I am wearing thm. i am tall and thin and usually dont go into Lane Bryant into the Cacique Bra section and looked at bras.

I went to the sale rack and looked at size 40 and 42 bras, I immediately found a 40B bra with incredibly long bra straps. I took it off the rack an held it looking for an SA. She asked if she could help me. I explained what I needed in a bra and asked I if I could try it on? She was excited and said sure, and brought me to the dressing room. I tried it on and it was a great fit. I dressed put a shirt on an told her I would buy it and I wanted to wear it now. we locked my things un the dressing room while I waited on line while she kept the bra by the register then paid for it and brought it back to the dressing room and put it on with my forms and dressed. What a woderful experience. I did a bit moe shopping and drove home. Still wearing it.

Janet !!hb!!
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Re: bra shopping for long shoulder straps

Post by KimberlyS »

GREAT Janet. I have had good luck with their bras also and they have been great to me in both femme and male modes.

A happy Birthday to you.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Robyn
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Robyn »

Happy Birthday Janet !!hb!!

I love reading posts like this!

It wasn't long ago I assumed shopping for woman's clothing as a male would be an awkward experience. However, others here on the forum expressed through their own experience the simplicity of the matter. Although I haven't shopped en femme yet, I now comfortably shop for women's clothing as a male, and it has never created an uncomfortable situation. In fact, sales associates as well as other customers have always been nice and friendly every time. :)
Normal, just not average,
Robyn
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

I'm tall too but have been lucky I guess. I haven't had a problem yet with too short shoulder straps. So this got me wondering, which turned into a Google. The one site/page that covers a bunch of dresses is this one, http://www.cosmopolitan.com/style-beaut ... t-dresses/. The choices in the article give you options that don;t have to be used just for a particular dress.

Thanks Google and Cosmo :)
{squeezes}
Davita
Joan Grey
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Joan Grey »

Happy Birthday, and good find!
Erica S
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Erica S »

Nice find Janet! Happy Birthday to you

Hugs,

Erica
If the woman inside of you needs to be free, let it happen, and you can soar.
Marissa Mae
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Marissa Mae »

Hi sisters,

Yes yes I too have issues with shortie bra straps, my bane. I've been lucky I guess, in that I'm aware of the problem, keep an eye out, and until recent years, used to find that about half the available bras I saw were long-strapped enough.

I do think the problem is worsening, though, with the bras of the last 6 or 7 years. Among those, I'd say 1 of 4 at most is long enough. I tend to avoid them. Nothing's quite so unsexy as a bra whose V is climbing toward your chin.

In my opinion this is about the worst decade or so of bra manufacture I've seen. Blah colors, built like a truck, lacking in the airiness and freedom of older bras. To tell the truth, I don't know where bra manufacturers' heads are at—like Bali, who used to make such terrific ones, and now they make clunkers.

Luckily, I have a wonderful drawerful of older, more fun and long-strapped bras, so I'm pretty well set (though I'm braholic enough that I always want more).

Love, Marissa Mae
Janet Bern
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Janet Bern »

in my searches I have found the best is the Maidenform Tshirt Bra with the longest shoulder straps
What also works are the barely there bras,, and the barely there pullover bras work well
Also found a few sports bras that work too.