Waist training???

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Eileen (SO)

Re: Waist training???

Post by Eileen (SO) »

I hope that your new corsets manage to train your ancient body toward better posture Amanda. :lol:

Oh, I'm very light, Diane M, almost floating. :) Looking good for admiring eyes shouldn't require pain. Discomfort for special occasions, yes. Daily wear, not so much. Yes, guys are visual creatures, but they tend to be attracted to anything not yet dead.

It's late and should asleep by now. Enjoy your Skinny waist, Amanda!

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Alisa
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Alisa »

OMG Eileen... That is exactly that modern attitude toward fashion and beauty that drives me crazy. If comfort was our primary concern we would all be walking around in sweats and t-shirts, no make-up and close cropped hair dos (long hair is just too much of a bother don't you know).

I think the guys (and sometimes the girls) want and deserve a little eye candy and I for one believe a girl needs to put a little effort into it! Yes and that may mean a little suffering for beauty's sake!
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

``5 Well said Alisa! Anyone who has ever spent a long humid summer day in heels, control top pantyhose, and an underwire bra knows that looking good and comfort are usually non-exclusive!

I am not saying we need to go back to whalebone corsets and yards of petticoats but a little discomfort from a corselette, stockings and garters, and a pair of CFM heels on special occasions or for that matter as a "just because" can spice things up for both parties. :mrgreen:
Eileen (SO) wrote:Yes, guys are visual creatures, but they tend to be attracted to anything not yet dead.

Eileen
Truer words were never spoken!
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Alisa
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Alisa »

... and a little spice can go along way toward making sure everyone has a happy ending Diana Michelle!

Amanda it sounds like you scored big time on your new corsets... hope you can share some pics sometime.
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Hum...I suppose shape wear if not extreme, just with a moderate to light "hug" would be fine but too much and we are just toying with nature too much. Having a male body my shoulders are more broad, my hips more narrow matching my waist...Perhaps a light caress in the waist which might press some of my pecks upward a little would be alright...never tried it. Let us know how it turns out. how much are they? How do you get measured for a corset?
Go with the flow
AmandaD
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by AmandaD »

While I'm still in the "seasoning" process of the three corsets and me, I can say l love it when I have them on! Yes, I ordered a third one. Feeling like a woman and feeling beautiful is something different for each one of us. I've always loved the vintage look of corsets and Victorian era clothes.