Heels

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Martha G
Miss Golden Goddess

Heels

Post by Martha G »

Good morning ladies.

I am at the point in my dressing that I really need only two other items to complete my overall appearance as a woman.

I need to get some female breast forms rather than my costume breast forms. I am starting to check this out.

I also want to start wearing heels.

I assume the shorter ones are best to start out.

Any recommendations for types or brands.

Also any tips on how to develop walking in them?

I am sure at my age I don't need high stilletto heels!

Thanks for any help.
I AM NOW A WOMAN- I FOUND MYSELF
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Re: Heels

Post by DonnaT »

I suggest starting with heels that have a wider base. Trying to walk in heels with a narrower profile can be hard on the ankles, especially when one gets on in years.

Additionally, don't try anything over 2 inches in heel height. Not being use to heels can be quite hard on one's calves.
DonnaT
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Martha, I had thought by now you would have had woman's shoes. What the heck have you been wearing?
No, you don't need 4" stiletto's or platforms. You are a mature lady but still can have a little fun with your feet. Go for 3-4" heels if they feel comfortable. Although, the wider heels tend to be not as tall. You're out of my neighborhood, so I can't suggest any specific store. Since you are comfortable in public, why not just go to a shoe store to try out a few pairs? Even if they figure you out, they still want to make the sale. If nothing else, getting sized right will help for on-line buying.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Martha G
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Martha G »

Pumps and a pair of sling sandals. Flats for around the house.

When I say heels, I mean the much higher ones, but no stillettos.
I AM NOW A WOMAN- I FOUND MYSELF
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Hubby's first shoes were 4' pumps and had no problem wearing them for an evening out in short time. Any taller than 4" draws unwanted attention and are difficult, or impossible, to master.

Eileen
Mikaela
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Mikaela »

I know age is a factor here. But my first heels were 5.5 tall with a 1inch platform. I wore them an entire weekend at home and really felt very comfortable in them by Sunday mid morning. I wasnt in public, but I did a lot of walking/cleaning that weekend.
~~You can't ignore who you are forever. Once you start on this path, you continue to walk forward, even if you stop for a while.~~
Shelby
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Shelby »

Mikaela,
My wife and I just had a similar experience; we both bought ourselves some 5.5" heels with 1" platforms and we wore them anytime we were in the house while on vacation. We called it our "house rules" if we were inside we had to have our shoes on; felt sexy and it helped us get used to walking in them. We'd never go out wearing such impractical shoes but, they do make you feel very sexy while playing around in them.
Kitty
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Kitty »

DonnaT wrote:I suggest starting with heels that have a wider base. Trying to walk in heels with a narrower profile can be hard on the ankles, especially when one gets on in years.

Additionally, don't try anything over 2 inches in heel height. Not being use to heels can be quite hard on one's calves.

Good advice. I have some very high shoes with the thinnest of heels. However, I can only wear them to sit down in. I can't walk in them for fear of falling over.

I have courts too, which look really nice but then again, despite them having just a 2 and a half inch heels, I cannot walk for long periods in them, and never outside.

Outside, the only ladies footwear I can wear for long periods are knee-high boots with a good heel. These I wear with a lovely long chunky skirt (32 inch length). Looks and feels awesome.

Away from boots I can wear courts with a strap. I recently picked up a lovely pair that feel so damn good and I can walk outside in them. Cost £14 at a website called ShoeZone.

Regarding breast form you can buy them on Ebay. I am after my second set after my brother put a nail through my old pair. I know it was him, but never said anything. He just finds my crossdresser weird. Same for me. I find his ex wife weird. And also his girlfriend. rotf
You get one life, live it the way you want - as long as you don't harm others
Linda S
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Linda S »

Eileen (SO) wrote:Hubby's first shoes were 4' pumps and had no problem wearing them for an evening out in short time. Any taller than 4" draws unwanted attention and are difficult, or impossible, to master.

Eileen
Agree completely - 4" seems to be the dividing line between "fashionable" and "fetishy".
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

I'd suggest that you need more than 1 or 2 pair of shoes. I think you need about 3-5 pair of "sensible" shoes, with maybe a 1" or 2" heel, in various colors and styles that are well made, comfortable, and you can wear all day. Then you can get some killer heels for that special night out, and some black strappy heels to wear with a black cocktail dress, heels in other colors to match your other outfits, and then a few more just because they are cute :P
If in doubt, put on an outfit that you need matching shoes for and go down to the shoe store and ask them to help you find the right shoes for it.

A few months ago I was visiting some friends in Wisconsin, and we went shopping and I bought a new dress that I really wanted to wear to dinner that evening. So I was bemoaning the fact that I didn't have shoes to go with it, and one of my friends pointed out the store right next door. They helped me find the absolutely perfect shoes to match my new dress, and a few more besides :lol: , and the evening was saved!
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

In these reply's so far, we (including myself) have forgotten the needs of Martha, who started this thread. It's so exciting to have a sister buying her first pair of heels. 3-4" heels, yipee! So sexy feeling. I've reminded myself that Martha is a mature, young lady. 4" heels would not look right on her or any woman past middle age, except for models or actresses if they are still able to stand upright.

Martha has experience in various costume roles, details in presentation over anything else.

I would suggest a stout 2 1/2" heel max. Reviewing my own collection, none of my shoes are over 3". Hubby wears taller heels than I, but 'she' didn't wear them for 30 years. My tootsies are just tired of high heels. For fancy gatherings, I'm comfortable in 3" or less.

Mikeala and Keay, a 5.5 heel with a 1" platform means a 4.5" heel height. Taller heels are only comfortable while laying on your back for photo shoots.

Eileen
Shelby
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Shelby »

They might not be very comfortable but, they are sexy as hell.
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Keay R. wrote:They might not be very comfortable but, they are sexy as hell.
This is my point, Keay. Are you dressing to please yourself or others? Sexy to who? Primarily men only. Except for a few elite celebrities, women do not wear really tall heels.

Bottom line is if you want to blend in as a woman in public, dress as the average woman.
Wear the sexy to you 5" heels at home.

Eileen
Lacey Hadley
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Lacey Hadley »

Dressing in high heels is in essence about being noticed. Yes, for the wearer be she a GG or a CD'er or a TG'er it's about feminine empowerment and even in private company it's about the power of the sexually exciting way heels makes the body look. Ultimately if one wears high heels out in public it is about being and wanting to be seen, IMO by both genders, women and especially men. Women because IMO women are generally scanning how other ladies dress, look and act. High heels are pleasing to see on a GG (hubba hubba \:D/ ) and on well turned out CD'er and TG'ers. Heels just look so damn good on the human and especially femininely dressed body. Even when I am in drab, if I wear heels around the house it makes the male body look tall, slim, powerful with a touch of femininity and even sexy. En Femme well high heels are so yummy for me. :teddybear:

But dressing in high heels have a different look with what else one may wear. ie: To compare my feeling and look en femme. Wearing the same black leather 4 inch spike heel knee boots has a different visual context. (I have made photo sessions of myself in these three looks and the images back up my point I believe.)

1: I dress up en femme with a blouse, a short 'flirty' skirt, pantyhose (especially black sheer) and these boots look very sexualized and would cause most any person in public who would see me as such double take and rubber neck, both females and especially males. If I were to go out to a pub, nightclub or dance club etc. it would be an outfit that would fuel sexuality.

2: I dress up en femme with a blouse or more so a pull over sweater, long skirt, pantyhose or tights and these boots and the look will be stylish and still sexy, but other than being say a bit over dressed for say grocery shopping, but not so much at a nice restaurant or shopping at higher end retail. I'd still be seen by many including by men, but it's less overtly sexualized.

3: As in my avatar pic. I dressed up en femme with a simple turtle neck, bright red shrug, black ladies jeans and these same knee boots and IMO as Lacey I still look lovely and beautifully feminine, the look though is more casual and less sexualized. The high heel boots would still draw eyes but less so, more males though as men love women in heels and I'd be presenting my self enfemme. Yes, we Cd'ers will likely be TALL gals in heels but today not quite so rare as many GG's in the western developed world due to food, healthcare, lifestyle and all are taller than say 30-40-50+ years ago. But again I could go out grocery shopping in such and not be really out of place.

Back when more women dressed better than IMO many do today, say the 70's and 80's it was not uncommon to see ladies dressed in long skirts, gauchos, jeans, corduroy or other pants and knee boots on with heels ranging from 2.5" to say 4" in height.

But no matter what and why we would like to strut in heels, dress for yourself and IMO make sure the look you want is one you enjoy in privacy or can handle if out and about. Heels and short, tight skirts or dresses will CATCH EYES especially men as we are hardwired to love the female form in heels. Dress more down, semi-formal or less sexualized will tone heel wearing down. But wearing heels be you a GG or a TG or a CD, says I AM CONFIDENT! I LOVE BEING A WOMAN! I WANT TO BE SEEN! If you are ok with that well have fun. If not, well maybe keep the heels for more reserved and private situations or where one can expect to see more high heels on gals, bars, night clubs, dance clubs and high style dining.

Dress for your situation as a starter and decide based on you and who you may be out with how much you may want to 'amp' it up with hair, makeup, clothes and high heels. :coffee: :sigh:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. Ayn Rand