Love Leggings?

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Love Leggings?

Post by Diana Michelle »

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/nam ... de-n671471

Not sure the pants I saw in the video on the morning pants I would classify as true "Yoga pants" but thought this was interesting. Kind of sums how many of us feel about things.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Samantha
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Samantha »

Personally I think today tights are "hot" when tactfully attired. It would be nice if it was acceptable for men to wear more form fitting pants if tactfully attired. Just sayin...,

Samantha (bewitched) <>
Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

EWWWWWWWW!

*** Post edited to remove redundant quote, as per: http://crossdressers-haven.com/forums/v ... 65&t=10059" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - SL
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

:lol:

Men en femme (if tactfully attired) hmmm... ok. Drab, tactfully attired or not... no. rotf

Having said that, I just got a new pair and they are awesome. They are more like pants than tights, and they feel great. Wore them with tall boots and a long tunic sweater. It looked quite well put together, IMO... tactfully attired you could say, LOL!

*** Post edited to remove redundant quote, as per: http://crossdressers-haven.com/forums/v ... 65&t=10059" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - SL
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Your outfit sounds nice Lexi. I have worn similar many times myself. As for males dressed en femme as long as they keep things under control :shock: I don't see an issue. However if they are in drab I have to second Heather's comment! =D>
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Samantha
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Samantha »

LOL ](*,)
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

Diana Michelle wrote:Your outfit sounds nice Lexi. I have worn similar many times myself.
Thank you, Diana. An easy outfit that looks great, IMO! :) My new go-to for the fall season!
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Samantha wrote:Personally I think today tights are "hot" when tactfully attired. It would be nice if it was acceptable for men to wear more form fitting pants if tactfully attired. Just sayin...,

Samantha (bewitched) <>
OK, I get wearing tights or leggings along with a skirt. How would a man wear form fitting attire without exposing himself but for a slim bit of cloth?
Whether yoga, leggings, or tights, except when actually working out, all should be worn with skirts or shorts.
Hiding buttocks and genitalia with the flimsiest fabrics is not fooling anyone. You might as well be naked down there and skip the charade.
Have some pride and self esteem.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

I think we have to define things here. Tights are hosiery and need to be worn accordingly. Even in the old days when we wore leotards and tights to aerobics the tights were worn under the leotard. They are not nor never were intended to be outerwear. Leggings are a form hugging style of slacks and when they first appeared on the fashion scene in the late 80's or early 90's they were worn with tunic style tops and IMHO still should be. They were never intended back then to be a device to show off your booty with. Yoga pants were originally exercise wear. They fact they are comfortable and can be fashionably accessorized to casual attire have led to their rise as "go to" slacks for may women. I wear them out and about as well as leggings but there are ways to wear them tastefully and many women do.

The younger generation seem to not think twice about not covering their rear ends or other areas but we only have ourselves to blame for that. They have grown up wearing jeans and shorts to school. If they go to church they see women in slacks and men in jeans. How can we expect them to know any different? The roots of all of this IMO can be traced to the onset and acceptance of "business casual." Funny how men complain about how women dress today yet they were so happy to lose the suits and ties. I could say something like double standard but I will leave it for all of you to draw your own opinions.
Eileen (SO) wrote:
How would a man wear form fitting attire without exposing himself but for a slim bit of cloth?

Eileen
Have you forgotten the Speedo bathing suits of yesteryear? :shock:

Lacey Hadley
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Lacey Hadley »

Diana,

I agree with you 100% about business casual. I have worked most of my adult life in environments where as a male I wore pressed pants, ironed shirts and ties. If out and about a blazer or maybe a casual solid colour jacket to get you to and from a location. Sometimes a proper and not too loud pull over sweater with a tie underneath even if one only saw IMO may favourite knot 'Double Windsor'.

I FREAKING HATED BUSINESS CASUAL! I still do as it makes people both men and women in white collar careers and jobs look 2nd rate or worse. It has gotten to a point where I often see especially among men in wrinkled casual attire for work. But also genetic girls often look like cheap, hired labour dressed as such HATE IT! HATE IT! HATE IT! [-( -,,-

IMO I never felt uncomfortable in a proper pair of pressed pants, a properly fitted shirt and a properly done up tie. People only feel uncomfortable in such as they buy and wear ill-fitting and cheap, crappy business clothes.

As a Cder I find it no more uncomfortable to be in a nice dress, semi-formal to a housewife style to more formal dress or a properly fitted blouse and skirt along with a properly fitting pair of pantyhose or tights. Lets not forget properly fitted shoes or boots for business and formal wear including heels. \:D/
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. Ayn Rand
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

Thank you, Diana... you are absolutely right.

Tights and leggins are two completely different things. If *worn appropriately, leggings are quite acceptable either casually or in an office environment. *Worn appropriately meaning with a long sweater, tunic or a skirt. Tights can be worn with a skirt or a dress, but I would never ever wear tights with a sweater or tunic and definitely not on their own, LOL! One last point... with proper tucking and the right kind of underwear, I believe most would be hard pressed to notice any difference (unless she was extremely well endowed!!! :P ).
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

Lacey Hadley wrote:People only feel uncomfortable in such as they buy and wear ill-fitting and cheap, crappy business clothes.
Lacey, sorry... just had to refute this statement. :) All the suits I own are tailored to fit and are of high end quality... not because that's what I want, but because that's what the GF wants and expects. I wear them, but I hate it. I really do hate wearing suits plain and simple. Having said that, give me a nice pair or women's dress pants, blouse, jacket, heels or any other type of suiting or professional attire and I couldn't be more comfortable or any happier! Strange how that works, isn't it? :mrgreen:
Lacey Hadley
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Lacey Hadley »

Lexi,

To each his or her own, but generally ill-fitting and cheaper quality clothes regardless if it's formal, semi-formal or casual will not be as comfortable to wear as better fitting and quality clothes. The only issue I found with a full suit (I never had to wear a full suit in many of my work situations) though is if it's hotter weather. But as to wearing professional looking, proper fitting pressed pants, ironed shirts and a proper fitting/done up ties, they never felt uncomfortable to me over wearing casual clothes.

My then wife taught me how to better shop and dress in a professional way for work/career.

Ironically my dress en femme as Lacey would have if she knew blew her away with how I learned about female fashions and better what to wear and how to mix and match outfits, shoes, boots with hair and make up. It's definitely way more fun with all the female fashions/style and cosmetics industry. :yes:

Being a dude even in casual, I try to look good, in a professional environment I try to look well, professional but comfortable in any situation/environment.

En femme, well, hey it's the fun, feeling of clothing, stress relief, joy of women's fashions and all the yummy wearing of all types of feminine wear and of course when dolling myself up as Lacey the makeup and hair tops it all off. @@9@@
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. Ayn Rand
LeeAnne
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by LeeAnne »

I've got to say that I love leggings also! Love the look of black or dark blue cropped leggings with long print top and with cool wedge sandals. I also really like the black cropped leggings with an over-sized sweat shirt and running shoes. I see GG's wearing these running errands. I bought black, dark blue, and maroon, but haven't had the courage to wear them yet! Maybe someday soon!
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

Great outfit choices, LeeAnne! Sounds well coordinated and super femme! :)