Leggings

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Alisa
Miss Emerald Goddess

Leggings

Post by Alisa »

So I really like the look of leggings... super sexy especially with heels. Anyway, how in the world do you avoid the unsightly pantie line? :? Going commando - yuk - is just not an option. I guess pantyhose would work but seems redundant somehow. A thong is probably a good option but I've never been a fan.

So how about it, for those that wear leggings - like as pants - how do you avoid panty lines or not?
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Leggings

Post by Diana Michelle »

The easiest way to avoid the dreaded VPL is to wear a longer top that covers your backside such as a tunic. Back in the 80s when leggings first came out that was how we wore them. I still do if I am going out but I see many women not doing that nowadays.

As for panties, the fuller the coverage the less VPL. Yes I am talking briefs! Today's briefs have come a long way from granny panties. Also there are many panties today that do not leave a VPL. They come in wide variety of styles and colors. This is one I have worn and it is not only comfy but also cute IMO.

https://www.herroom.com/spanx-sp0515-un ... anty.shtml

Try a reputable site such as Her Room or Bare Necessities and use the filters to look for no VPL panties and you will be shocked by the variety.

Your other option is a shaper style panty that comes to mid thigh. By moving the leg down the thigh it eliminates a line to show. Be sure to order the right size so it doesn't leave a bulge where it ends on your thigh. Very unattractive. These are my personal favorites and have both the high waisted style which also eliminates the "muffin top" look and the regular waist length for those days I wear a looser top.

https://www.spanx.com/shapewear/mid-thi ... %3A+Smooth
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

I love leggings! I usually go for the thicker leggings though - ones that are more like pants. I'll usually wear them with a high cut panty shaper with a long shirt or sweater, or tunic (like Diana had mentioned) just to be on the safe side. I will wear the thinner leggings too, but that's usually just for lounging around the house. I find the thin microfibre panties work best for the thin leggings. Either way, there are plenty of options so you won't have to worry about those unsightly lines.
Alisa
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Alisa »

OMG! The Undie-Tectable panty is super cute! I'm soooo going to try them... I usually wear a large. Do the Spanx run true to size?
Amanda R
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Amanda R »

Though I do not wear them anymore I have worn Spanx before and always found them to run true to size. Check the size chart and go for it girl!
"We may have all come on different ships but we are in the same boat now."
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Deidre Taylor
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Deidre Taylor »

I agree with Amanda Spanx runs very true to their size chart. It may not be thee exact same as it relates to the male body so try before you buy is the optimum.
Linda S
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Linda S »

Diana Michelle wrote:The easiest way to avoid the dreaded VPL is to wear a longer top that covers your backside such as a tunic. Back in the 80s when leggings first came out that was how we wore them. I still do if I am going out but I see many women not doing that nowadays.
I agree wholeheartedly: butts must be covered when wearing leggings. I've seen this topic discussed occasionally on fashion boards, and that's always the consensus, usually expressed very emphatically as "Leggings.Are.Not.Pants". With the butt uncovered, leggings usually look to me like tights, where the woman forgot to put on her skirt!

As you said, tunics are a great way to wear leggings. A belt over the tunic can be a nice touch.

Also, leggings can be worn with a long shirt (or one with long tails), again belted or not.

And leggings are great with miniskirts, especially flared or frilly ones. I see a lot of young women doing this. They can tone down the exposure from the skirt's shortness, when you want to show some leg but in more of a casual way rather than blatantly sexy. They let you safely wear a mini that would otherwise be a little too short. For example, I have a cute tiered, flared denim mini that barely covers my butt cheeks. I like short skirts because my legs aren't particularly long, so I want to show off every inch. But I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing this skirt with just pantyhose. Leggings let me wear it without worrying about anyone seeing too much.