Gothic crossdressing! Any tips?

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Catriona

Gothic crossdressing! Any tips?

Post by Catriona »

I am am currently trying to find my style and as i have always been into bands like Depeche Mode and electronic bands i have always wanted to go down the female gothic style as my dressing identity.
Are there any gothic dressers here who could give me any tips and advice on clothes and makeup?

Love

Catriona xx
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Gothic crossdressing! Any tips?

Post by Davita »

Is this the look you're going for, https://www.flickr.com/photos/davita_fa ... 742362349/ or https://www.flickr.com/photos/davita_fa ... 742362349/? I called these my old lady goth outfits.

All I did to decide on what to wear was Google other girls wearing goth outifts. There seems to be the dark ones and the ones who do dark with a pop of color. Honestly, I'm not impressed with most goth looks, but there is always one girl who stands out -- and it won't be me.

Remember, classics never go away, dress your age (or what you think you can honestly get away with) and blend in. Your style means you look like you and wear colors and styles you like even when you are blending in. Your style doesn't mean you have to wear the "standard uniform" it just means you don't stand out like a sore thumb. That said, if you want to stand out; more power to you girl. It works for me.
{squeezes}
Davita
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: Gothic crossdressing! Any tips?

Post by Emily »

Hi Catriona!

There are so many styles of goth, first thing is to decide the type of look you are going for. Victorian Goth, Industrial/Metal Goth, Cyber Goth... If you are into bands like Depech Mode and electronic bands, then you may be going for a more 80's Goth look. Think Siouxsie Sioux... lots of black eye makeup, big hair, dyed black of course, big red lips, fishnets - lots of fishnets.

Best thing would be to do a google or Pinterest search and come up with some ideas, some inspiration. Don't be afraid to add your own touch of creativity. As long as it's dark and dreary, there really are no rules and there are so many possibilities!!

Personally, when I do the goth look, it's fairly basic - but I always have to have my purple lipstick! Or sometimes it's dark blue! Sometimes it's black. You can never go wrong with black! :P

Good luck and have fun with it!