Hosiery - lost of an icon

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Hosiery - lost of an icon

Post by KimberlyS »

I have been buying my hosiery from National for quit a while. Well I went out to get some more as on my last outings I got some holes. Well the site and company is no more. I had stocked up so it has been a couple of years since I have gotten any thing. But they must have shut down shortly after my last order. I was the place I could get support thigh highs for a reasonable price. I guess that I am now in looking mode again to find a new source of support thigh highs and other hosiery.

I am bummed big time. :( I am open to any suggestions.

Kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Hosiery - lost of an icon

Post by Davita »

I did a little look see and found they closed Feb 2nd and their remaining stock is on Amazon. Yeah, it's a bummer. :(
{squeezes}
Davita
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

I can't say I ever bought anything from National so have no idea their pricing or quality. Not that I wear hosiery that often and when I do it is generally pantyhose, I do wear thigh highs from time to time. My preference is Hanes Silk Reflections, but they can be pricy. I know Berkshire also still has thigh highs though no idea their price or durability. I'm sure with a little searching you can find several suitable replacements Kim.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Diana and Davita for the suggestions. I use to wear Hanes Silk Reflections a lot and agree they are spendy but I did like them. Then I needed a larger size and was having trouble finding my size. Then I found National and have really liked them in the past. First for regular panty hose and thigh highs and then for compression thigh highs. I will find another source. The compression hose are more spendy. The National quality was good and the price was on the lower end. I will report if I find a different source.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.