short shorts or short skirt

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

TammyT
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Re:

Post by TammyT »

Karen Ski wrote:[A skort]offers the look of a skirt with that added "protection" of shorts. Maybe that is why being a girl is so much fun, the choices we have! :)
Mm hmm.

I would be very leggy if I shaved my legs and dressed up. Short skirts are a bit too exposing for me, though, and they feel a bit too revealing and naked for my comfort. A Southern gal ensemble with Daisy Dukes would be cute! I can't go past a skort for the feeling of individual thigh-hugging, however -- it's the best of both worlds, really. After all,
Ralitsa wrote:A cute skirt just above the knee is cool, comfortable, and classy, and can be more sexy than putting it all on display.
Very happy being a guy, but I also love fashion. We are all valued, and my feminine side is just one facet of the gem as a whole.
Dalva
Miss Silver Goddess

Re: short shorts or short skirt

Post by Dalva »

I have yet to find a pair of shorts that I'm comfortable in. So skirts for me, even though I prefer dresses.
AJ West
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by AJ West »

my vote is for a short skirt
Not sure where I'm going, but there's no since being late
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

First, define what is short. At a certain age, anything above the knee is considered short. For the younger ladies, that length is near formal. Remember 'The Dukes of Hazzard' and Daisy Dukes shorts?
At this time and age, given hot weather to deal with, I prefer shorts, mid thigh length. If going out and dressing less casual, a skirt above the knee and pantyhose. I totally get the CD's love of pantyhose, but not for me to wear them every day, or all day.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

I prefer a skirt cut just above the knee, if going out wearing a dress and heels just below the knee is proper for me. \:D/

Now if I wear a skirt and suite jacket, dress as and office worker about 3" below the knee. Just my feelings of 55 years of dressing.