HooverDos, Nice Rug,Mister! Hair Today Gone Tomorrow

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Marda
Miss Golden Goddess

HooverDos, Nice Rug,Mister! Hair Today Gone Tomorrow

Post by Marda »

Hi Friends,

Recently Saw A GM? at the Mall with A Really Cheesy Pompadour Rug :sick: Trying To Recover From?
Impress Who???

Who,How, Many,Pics? Nice Girlie Hair? This Is Prob My Next Fix To Have A Great Look, Less Maintenance? More Absolute Beauty! Also, Do Blondes Actually Have More ???

Love,
Marda
:-({|=
byeoutMarda$ell$Go
#-o
~ Some drink at the fountain of knowledge - Others just gargle ~
Marda
Miss Golden Goddess

Re: HooverDos, Nice Rug,Mister! Hair Today Gone Tomorrow

Post by Marda »

Hi Friends,
This post is about my observation that many GMs are troubled with hairloss issues, and I'm wondering how manyof them go to therapists because of what they're afraid others think of them being bald, while other GMs seem to like the "ChromeDome" effect.

Which is more traumatic? Baldness or Femininity? imho, CDing is Way cool, \:D/ but a cheesy Pompadour Rug is Gross and Disgusting. :sick:

I suspect that many got HooverDos/ "Rugjobs" because they're Insecure with their SOs or Lovers, Or Other "Lonely Hearts Club Members?

Love,
Marda
:-({|=
~ Some drink at the fountain of knowledge - Others just gargle ~
TammyT
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by TammyT »

A lot of men may consider baldness as much of a threat to their masculinity as femininity. Let's not forget that femininity probably isn't an issue with most balding men, so they couldn't really compare the two. There might be some on this forum, I don't know.

It's all about self-confidence and self-acceptance, really, mixed in with a bit of adaptability. Baldness doesn't have to define you, but you can embrace it and adapt your own look and attitude. You'd definitely be right about insecurity, though.
Very happy being a guy, but I also love fashion. We are all valued, and my feminine side is just one facet of the gem as a whole.
Bobby
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Bobby »

big brains kill hair. mostly bald my self i don't even try to hide it with a hat.
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

I think the problem with hair loss for men is it's identified with being older and therefore less virile. I mean, I think that's the underlying worry some men have about it.

On a related subject, there was an extremely beautiful female impersonator, Michael Andrews, who was balding. This was used a few times in movies, where this absolutely convincing woman removes her wig and it's a man. The baldness instantly clues you into that - and it's quite a scary thing.

On the other hand, another female impersonator, Christopher Morley who got into movies earlier and wasn't bald, actually looks pretty much like a woman without his wig on. Of course he'd still be made up and he tended to have a kind of androgynous hairstyle. His face was (IMO) less pretty than Andrews', but the lack of hair just destroys the illusion.

There's another female impersonator (all these examples are online) David Shawn Michaels, who appears in an episode of a series called designing women. Here he plays a drag queen who's involved in a bet between two women.

He takes his wig off to prove he's a man. The trouble is he looks so gorgeous it doesn't really make the difference - and the woman who this is directed at makes that point by taking her wig off. So they can only settle it by going to the ladies room and...

I guess I'm rabbiting on about this because I'm balding and if I were ever to go out in public and lose my wig...
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Rhanda
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Rhanda »

I'm mostly bald and started wearing a hair piece when I was about fifty. Insecurity had nothing to do with it. I was just always cold without hair and some places that I went, it just wasn't appropreate for a gentleman to wear a hat or cap. Now a wear a cap whenever possible. They are much cheaper than hair. I don't have a female style wig and when I go en femme I adjust my hair so that it covers one ear and use a little mascara to darken the fring. So far that has worked quite well. At least no one has ever said anything about it.

Rhanda
Don't call me a woman, I don't want to be considered a woman. I just want to be a beautiful man.