lipstick

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Sarah T
Miss Crystal Goddess

lipstick

Post by Sarah T »

I have fair skin, what is the best color of lipstick to wear?
Ms. Erin
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: lipstick

Post by Ms. Erin »

Tough question, let me just give you my idea, but that's no way like the current thing.

I started out with red, very red. :) And of course matching red fingernails.

Then I realize it was way to much. So I looked at a color, nah... colour, that more closely matches the colour of my lips, but then a little bit more noticeable.

I came to have two different shades of pink. These are the ones I mostly use to have noticeable lips but not to much noticeable, if you understand me. =P~

Then again when you are going out in a great outfit with colorful accessories, you might like matching lips and nails?
I am a woman of trans experience.
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

The best shade is the one that makes you happy and doesn't scare people away. Go to the website of the brand you're interested in and see what they say. Personally, I can't do the brights; my shades are the plums.

The other nice thing about going to the brand sites is they will give you techniques for mixing colors to provide highlighted lips and fun looks.
{squeezes}
Davita
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

That's like asking what shirt should you wear. What is your feminine personality? Bold and vibrant? More subdued? Do you want to draw attention or blend in unnoticed? Woman watch, I know you do, what kind of look would you like to emulate?
Then experiment.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Robyn
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Robyn »

Davita wrote:The best shade is the one that makes you happy and doesn't scare people away.
lol, like the crazy lady lipstick scene in Requiem for a Dream.

Hmm, other than selecting a color to match the rest of my presentation I've found that I like the lip pencils better than lipstick. I can easily combine colors and it stays on longer.
Normal, just not average,
Robyn
Sarah T
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Sarah T »

I found red to be a bit too much so think a light shade of pink would be ideal.
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

You know hon as you said "your beginnings", you could always ask your sister advice :-k
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

http://makeup.allwomenstalk.com/gorgeou ... -pale-skin" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://mtsroller.blogspot.com/2013/10/p ... or_17.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.lancome-usa.com/on/demandwar ... ark=986973" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DonnaT
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

Well you can't have just one color....... what are you thinking :lol:

The right color is the one that matches your skin, your outfit, your mood, and is appropriate for the event. That's why there are a million different shades. So you have to spend a few hours looking through all the colors and deciding which ones you want.
I have a very light pink that is hardly even noticeable that I wear just during the day for no special reason, then a few variations on brighter shades, and then one deep rich plum. I don't have any of the bright reds, I think they are good if you have the right complexion and style, but they just don't work for me. My favorite is probably Revlon 415 - Pink in the Afternoon; but also I've lately been using the Spice lip shimmer by Wet and Wild, which isn't a lipstick exactly, it's more like a lip balm with color.
Martha G
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Martha G »

I too have fair skin but tend to like red lips as you can see from my photos.

However, I am thinking about using some lighter pink colors as well. They too go well with my fair skin.
I AM NOW A WOMAN- I FOUND MYSELF
Ms. Erin
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Ms. Erin »

Ladies I have purchased a gloss that makes your lips pucker, at least so they claim. Any one has any thoughts?

Its from Soap and Glory, super sizing collagen, sexy XL, extreme plump.

It does make your lips sizzling, tingle, buzz and plump.

Go girls, try it. =P~
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

Erin, sounds like it irritates them so they plump up. So the question without having done the research is why would you think skin would absorb collegen and why would it simply stay where it was absorbed?
So what is really making the lips plump up? How many doses of this would it take that a more permanent solution wouldn't be cheaper in the long run?

BTW, when the description says "looks like" or "appears to," I think the vendor is being nice to you and is hinting there is no real effect or if so that is it so slight and so minimally lasting. The other line is, "results may differ," which tends to mean if you aren't the one in a million, your result will be different and nothing near perfection.
{squeezes}
Davita
Martha G
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Martha G »

I have heard of plumping up the lips but am not sure what that is.

I do have thin lips but would not mind having nice full lips..

Just what is lip plumping and how can you get a fuller set of lips?
I AM NOW A WOMAN- I FOUND MYSELF
Ms. Erin
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Ms. Erin »

Hi Martha and Davita, in the store I tried it out on lips without lipstick and it lasted long and felt strong. Today on top over a layer of lipstick it was not as strong but they did plump. Its a temporary plumping. However there seems to be a permanent way with City lips...

http://www.citylips.com/promo/index.html

But yes Davita, descriptions like "results may differ" are indeed like an excuse if it don't work, so you wont be able to get refunds among other things. I might be lucky, since it appears plump to me. Or the tinseling feeling makes you think they plump. But I did show a picture of my lips to a friend at Facebook and she thought it works.