Strapless Bras

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Melissa Mac
Miss Emerald Goddess

Strapless Bras

Post by Melissa Mac »

I was shopping at my local Lane Bryant and found an adorable sumer dress on the clearance rack, originally $49 marked down to $19! Well I couldn't resist it and it fit likes a glove but the problem is it has spaghetti straps. That means I need a strapless bra which I haven't worn in years.

With my forms I am a full 36C, even a D in some bras. Any of you girls have any suggestions as to which brands and styles work best with breastforms? The saleslady at LB said most fuller busted women find a longline style stays in place for them. She even suggested a strapless briefer. Looked at both but thought I would ask all of you which might work bes for my situation.
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Re: Strapless Bras

Post by DonnaT »

Or you could get replacement invisible clear straps for your favorite bra.
DonnaT
Robyn
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Robyn »

Good question Melissa. I'm anxious to see what other might suggest for a strapless bra as I've been wondering myself.

I have not tried the clear straps that Donna suggested, but I have kept that in mind if I cannot find a strapless solution.
Normal, just not average,
Robyn
Trudy
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Trudy »

I am nowhere near your size, 38B, but I have found that long line strapless bras work best with forms. I have tried regular strapless bras and found they have a tendency to slide down after a bit. I did try a strapless briefer and yes it works well too but they are a real pain in the powder room , especially if you pad your hips.
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

A long line bra will work better. Keep in mind that the cups are shorter and large forms might spill out. Your dress should fit you higher up just in case.
Consider adhesive to keep the girls in place and less weight pushing the bra down.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

AH so true, but they are a real pain to get on unless you get one that hooks in front and trust me they are TIGHT. ](*,)
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Gosh Carol Ann, I so forgot to mention the long line bras should be front hook. I have two and doubt they still fit. (Hmm, donation to my Hubby?) Meant as a slimming garment, long line bras are very hard to fasten in back. But with a tight fitting blouse or dress, front hooks show through. If a partner is involved, a back hook bra will work out fine.
Use baby powder to help get the darn thing on if necessary. A partner taking it off helps quite a bit :)

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

\:D/ I agree Eileen
Melissa Mac
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Melissa Mac »

Thanks all for the advice. I went out and bought 2 strapless bras. One a "standard" style, the other a long line. I have yet to try either but will let you all know which I prefer. I do like Eileen's suggestion of the baby powder to help with getting the longline on, I think the BF will be happy to get me out of it. :lol:
Janet Bern
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Janet Bern »

I have pretty much given up on strapless bras. Not much to wear them with and they are never sitting in the right place.
Danielle R.
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Danielle R. »

long line bras work the best, you will need to put some adhesive to hold those big girls in place. I use double sided tape, I buy the tape from the breast form store. Other wise they will be sliding around on you.
I just put on the bra and then one tape on the top of each breast form, and that holds them in place nicely. Or you can put three tapes on each form, and go braless, if you are wearing a tight fitting top.
I am what I am! a man in a dress
Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

I have Platinum Seal size 3 forms which translate to a 34C on me. They are attachable and I have even worn them without a bra around the condo. I am afraid to go out that way as I fear one will fall off at the worst moment. :oops: I have worn a strapless bra many times with them and yes it does slide down a bit with time and activity but my GG friends complain about the same thing. I think if you buy a good bra and it fits properly you will have no more issues than a GG does.
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr
Karen Ski
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Karen Ski »

Strapless bras can be a pain even for those of us with breasts. Yes they have a mind of their own and they are not all created equally. Lily of France has a gel touch strapless that has silicone lining and it stays put pretty well. I have a couple of them and even after an evening of dancing they keep the girls where they belong. :)
Deidre Taylor
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Deidre Taylor »

Karen Ski wrote:Strapless bras can be a pain even for those of us with breasts. Yes they have a mind of their own and they are not all created equally.
Amen girlfriend! I think strapless bras were all belts in a previous life as they all want to migrate south. :lol: Seriously I have given up on regular strapless bras and generally go with one with more substance whether it is a long line style which are a pain to get on and off, a strapless breifer or my current favorite the Maidenform Easy Up strapless slip. It kills 2 birds with one stone as it means I don't have to wear a girdle with it. Sure it is a pain in the powder room but no worse than a briefer. It does beat the yanking and tugging of a regular strapless bra though. While it may not be as supportive of the "girls" as my usual bras it does as well as any other strapless bra, regular or long line.
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Melissa how did your strapless bra situation ever work out? Which one did you end up wearing and how did it work out with the dress?

I have been wearing a strapless bra the last two days under a swim suit to keep the girls in place. it is working ok but I am not moving around much sitting in front of a computer. It does slide down over the day some. If I was more active or dancing could see it would be an issue to keep it up. IE why we see gals at wedding dances always pulling them up.

I am wearing a Goddess convertible strapless bra, non-longline. I do like that this one has full cups and covers the girls well while keeping them supported. Will need more testing with more activity to see what the drop factor will be with it.

Kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.