Treated myself to a new dress.

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Treated myself to a new dress.

Post by Anne Bonny »

Went on Amazon and ordered a Navy L/XL Sakkas embroidered dress...was careful to select one so that I could wear a bra to hold my forms. These are beautiful guess I will see, I think I look good in darker colors. It is a long Dress 48" from the shoulder seem, fluttery sheeves with a tie at the back and a corset style tie in the front...bout time for something new! It is a Sakkas Calliope Corset Style Dress can be seen on Amazon If anyone wants to see, but I am just glad to have something new to look forward to. http://www.amazon.com/Sakkas-32311-Call ... WKYV3RJ6V0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not sure that will work. cut and paste. Anyway these pretty dresses struck my fancy. I need something with sleeves of some kind to cover biceps....and something not too open in the back or front so that I can wear a bra...anyway should be fun!
Go with the flow
Mikaela
Miss Emerald Goddess

Re: Treated myself to a new dress.

Post by Mikaela »

It's adorable!! Hope it's everything you want it to be.
~~You can't ignore who you are forever. Once you start on this path, you continue to walk forward, even if you stop for a while.~~
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Cute dress Anne. Very feminine yet practical. I have a similar dress but it is closer to the color they call lilac.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

I hope so too, I like to spend at least $30 to ensure there is some quality, below $30 dresses can be really just cheap. It is difficult to shop for feminine clothing. There are so many colors, and styles and you have so much to consider that you do not have when shopping for masculine clothing. Also I have learned to keep my emotions in check ... the girl in my head may be excited and thinking that is so pretty...but the woman with the wisdom looks at reality...will this work for me? will it fit? will I wear it around the house because I am still not very likely to go out at all. how much does it cost? how is it rated by other women buying it? what material is used? taking a close magnified look at it from different angles do I still like it?

I do not really have any sun dresses but not having any boobs to fill the bodice in the front thin spaghetti straps and bare shoulders are not really something men without augmentation can carry off. I suppose you can glue forms in place but who does that? So as sun type dresses go this is what I believe would work for me.

I also need a 1-2 more casual dresses for wearing around the house and those are difficult to calculate when my emotions want to carry me away to dresses that are too dressy casual instead of just casual. Oh well...

This dress has kind of an ethnic feel...I suppose it is inspired by Indian culture perhaps.
Go with the flow
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Ok, if these work I should be done dress shopping for a while.

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-213752 ... upe%20Gray" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Got the blue and the Navy Polkadot they have pockets too should be perfect!
Go with the flow
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

Pretty... but why do you have to be done shopping? :)
{squeezes}
Davita
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Oh...there is NEVER an end to a woman's shopping! Need some slips that are shorter with deep V for some of my dresses and tops. Shoes, can a girl ever have enough? Of course jewelry...and on it goes!!!!
Go with the flow
Martha G
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Martha G »

Oh what a lovely dress!

Like they say: "A woman's work is never done" Neither is a woman's shopping!
I AM NOW A WOMAN- I FOUND MYSELF
Sarah Beth
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sarah Beth »

You made some really nice choices with those dresses. I hope you enjoy wearing them and looking pretty in them. I had actually looked at that one on Amazon but since the new grandson arrived I've sort of overspent on that.
"It takes all kinds of kinds"
Miranda Lambert
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Yeah...I hope they are not too short we will see... I can always send them back I suppose but I have had good luck with online shopping.
Go with the flow
DanielleM
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by DanielleM »

Anne Bonny wrote:Ok, if these work I should be done dress shopping for a while.

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-213752 ... upe%20Gray" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Got the blue and the Navy Polkadot they have pockets too should be perfect!
OMG, I was looking at that same dress, in taupe grey. Very pretty! Love the corset dress and similar ones fromSakkas. Xmas is coming? :)
Don't worry about what other people think, because they don't.
Janet Bern
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Janet Bern »

Anne
Half the fun is having boobs to fill out our dresses.
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

That is something we seem to enjoy, being like a woman, feeling very close. Unfortunately I do not have mammary glands that lactate after child birth or the tissue development...I would enjoy having them but I don't. Just like I can never conceive become pregnant or deliver a baby! Or have a monthly cycle for that matter! Kind of impossible for a male who does not have the various hormones fluctuating and effecting my body and my emotions....I do not believe I will ever have implants, do not believe it would be right for me being gender fluid with the balance more to the male side, just who I am. So have to contend with bras and gel pads...there are strap less bras I suppose that would work but that too requires the dress to be high enough to cover the strap in the back...women are so lucky. I can't see using adhesive to try to make the gel pads adhere to my chest....

But feeling feminine, feeling at one with or very close to...identifying closely with women being able to be dressed and with women who do not care I am dressed is a very special thing. I love women...I REALLY love them hahahaha...but it is true. Though our interests do differ, mine still tend mostly to be typically male.
Go with the flow
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Hey... the Sakkas dress arrived this morning (see first post in this thread which will take you over to the internet for a look) and it is perfect! the material is of a good quality a cloth not a silk or polyester knit and the fit is perfect, the length on me falls just as it did on the ladies about 6-8 inches above my ankles. The skirt is very full and flowing with nice applique embroidery on the bodice and on the skirt and there are some black floral leaf and stem prints which are muted by the dark blue, it that will not tend to catch on things, it is well done. I found out .... If I had boobs I could pull the sleeves down so the bodice and sleeves make a straight line all the way across the top baring my shoulders and cleavage if I had any. The dress has an ethnic flair that could fit in with India, Gypsies, Pirates, and peasants with the corset tie up the front. And there is a feminine tie to pull the bodice snug it's not too difficult to tie a bow behind your mid back but it is a skill men are not accustomed to but with practice it becomes easier, like unhooking a bra. I am satisfied the blue is not as dark as indigo, or Navy perhaps a shade lighter but it is a dark blue not a medium. Oh well...new dress and I am quite satisfied - Of course I had to try it on right away! Now I am waiting for the other two to come! A good dress for around the house even when the weather is cooler outside.

This is why I shop on line...it is so much easier to look through hundreds of dresses which are selling at the right price, finding this dress out in a brick and morter store locally would require going from store to store all day and going all up and down the coast and I probably would not have found it in the right color or size. If you know what you are doing shopping on line works very well, and had it been too small I could probably have mailed it back for a refund.

Well...this girl has work to do got to make the grocery list, change and to get the groceries then run, and perhaps depending on my mood I might change to greet to Nurses Aid in my new dress...but we know how we are men are fickle too!
Go with the flow
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

congrats on the new dress fitting and being so nice :)
{squeezes}
Davita