Has anyone tried Gwynnie Bee?

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Alisa
Miss Emerald Goddess

Has anyone tried Gwynnie Bee?

Post by Alisa »

Its an online women’s clothing subscription service for sizes 10-32. You rent wardrobe items and they have a couple of different plans where you can have 1, 2 or 3 items out at a time and unlimited exchanges. Sounds like fun but wanted to see if anyone has actually tried the service.
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Has anyone tried Gwynnie Bee?

Post by Davita »

Haven't tried a subscription rental service. I would find that like renting anything else. You spend your money and in the end you own nothing.

What all do they carry? Anything and everything from costumes to gowns to office to casual? Do they have accessories that come with the clothes?
{squeezes}
Davita
AmandaD
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by AmandaD »

It sounds interesting but I seem to fall just under the sizing. I would also think the cost would be like most other rental services. Pay two to three times the actual costs.
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

It does seem a bit pricey however they seem tom have high quality and pricey items so I guess you get what you pay for. If you are a true fashionista or one who goes to a lot of functions and don't want to "be seen in the same old thing" this service may be for you. Personally I prefer to own my clothes and not have to worry about returning them. If one shops resale and/or consignment shops I think in the long run you can do just as well and have the ability to try something on. After all we all know all size 10's are not created equal.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
AmandaD
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by AmandaD »

If they offered clothes in my size range I would be tempted to try the service..
Alisa
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Alisa »

Size would not be a problem for me... Depending on the dress, top, etc. I'm M, L or XL (10-16). I think it would be cool. You can get multiple outfits delivered monthly and if you don't like it send it back for another. If you feel like you are rocking an outfit, keep it (supposedly buy below retail).
AmandaD
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by AmandaD »

I can usually pull off a 6/8 in juniors or misses with the exception of tops which my broad shoulders and 38DD girls get in the way.

My ex wife would die if she knew I can wear many of her jeans she out grew and let in storage when she left. ..^.. ..^..
Alisa
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Alisa »

That's toooo funny Amanda... I have some of my wife's old stuff in my wardrobe but can't say that she minds much. She has lost a lot of weight and I've gained a few pounds so we are getting close to the same size. My dream is for her to lose a few more pounds... giggle! double the wardrobe! *-* We could really get a bang for our buck on the Gwynnie Bee subscription. =D>