Grae Phillips

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Grae Phillips

Post by Anthony Simon »

A few weeks I pulled the trigger and bought the Grae Phillips makeover:

http://www.graephillips.com/makeover.html

I know people will say you can get all of the information on YouTube for nothing, but I found it really useful. Just because it organises everything in one place and it's simple. It's all basically aimed at the CD (rather than drag queens, as are so many instruction videos) - and she seems to have the knack of not saying very much, yet covering the essential points (I tend to get lost on YouTube videos).

So that's the core reason to get it. You can go round and round in it and get acclimatised to the techniques you require - and just get comfortable.

But the other reason is she's just so convincing. I mean, in itself, that's the most important selling point - and, as a male, well she looks like a male.

At this point I admit to an obsessive element in me. Like if I want to look at something, I really want to look at it. And there is a pretty substantial amount of information available about Grae - both in the form of resources on her website and in terms of (yes, I said it) YouTube videos.

So, anyway, my conclusion is there's something really magical about Grae Phillips, like a door to another world. Watching him/her is like stepping through that door.

So...Because he/she looks so like a woman, acts so like a woman and sounds so like a woman, you conclude that in some sense he/she really is a woman - at least in part.

So then where are you? It just says that there is something beyond men in one box and women in another box.

That it's really real - that there are some men who can have a woman inside and yet still be men. And then I apply that to me....
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Samantha
Miss Emerald Goddess

Re: Grae Phillips

Post by Samantha »

Ruby, I am going to youtube grae phillips later tonight to witness what you so passionately sold me onto watching this video. I need pointers in the makeup side, and would enjoy watching her feminize me with her command of being feminine,and styles. Thank you for the information.

Samantha <> <> <>
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

I think I've not been entirely clear. The material on YouTube is short snippets from Grae Phillips' performances - like one song in general - or talk show appearances. There's also a short which has some of her transformation and a mini-bio.

They're there, probably, to wet the appetite for her makeover - which is a downloadable product (i.e. you pay).
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Samantha
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Samantha »

Sorry not the first time I misread a post. I'm operating off a phone, so sometimes it's not distinctly clear sometimes. Still, when I get time I'll checkout the videos. Thank,

Samantha <>
Tasi
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Tasi »

I'm a hugh fan of Grae Phillips and bought her CD some time ago, although it's been years since I looked at it. Actually, I found a very good makeup video on You Tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG-jZwKqpoU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; that I put in my Sister House Newsletter because it's simple and easy to follow with good results. I closely follow this regime myself when doing my makeup. I think its great for beginners with drug store products, so it's not too costly. Let me know what you think. I have a CD girl, Mellissa, who is a trained beautician who writes my beauty columns on Sister House and you might want to take a look at her work. Her column is called Best Face Forward http://www.sisterhouse.net/dressingroom/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tasi
Be all you can be