nails

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Shelby
Miss Emerald Goddess

nails

Post by Shelby »

My wife got me some press on nails to wear when we dress up; they look great.
Estefania
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: nails

Post by Estefania »

Keay,

Oh yes, nowadays there are so many options for press on nails... and the glue pads have also improved a lot. They sure help improve the overall look. :)

Gaby
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Wonderful, Keay! Is your wife on this forum? I'd love to chat with her.

Every so often, my 'girlfriend' uses false nails. I can't help but giggle a bit, she can't do the simplest things wearing them. :lol:

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Michelle Diane
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Michelle Diane »

Good new Keay, I love long painted nails and used to wear them all the time years ago. Since coming out I've tried to grow my real nails out but they don't really mesh well with my favourite outdoor hobby of Bushcraft. Trying to baton wood for the fire or using a flint and steel to get the fire going is hard on nails and I usually break one....or three. No matter how careful I try to be I still ruin my nails. I've been looking at false nails either glue on or press on for when, like you and your wife, we dress up.

May I enquire as to what brand you use? been so long I've no idea what is a good or bad brand.

Thanks, :)
Michelle
One wears a mask for so long you forget who you are beneath it......I've now removed my mask.
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Michelle Diane, Kiss brand seems to be available most places. In the UK, I have no idea.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Shelby
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Shelby »

The Kiss brand is what my wife purchased for me and they are wonderful. She gets me the short ones but, the last time she bought me some longer ones (haven't had an opportunity to wear them yet).
Shelby
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Shelby »

Eileen (SO) wrote:Wonderful, Keay! Is your wife on this forum? I'd love to chat with her.

Every so often, my 'girlfriend' uses false nails. I can't help but giggle a bit, she can't do the simplest things wearing them. :lol:

Eileen
Eileen how do I sign her up? She had expressed an interest in joining; is the process the same as what I went through?
Michelle Diane
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Michelle Diane »

Keay & Eileen thanks ladies. I'll keep an eye out for Kiss brand next time I'm in Superdrug.
One wears a mask for so long you forget who you are beneath it......I've now removed my mask.
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Here's a tip about press on nails: Soaking my nails in Goo-be-gone overnight worked the old gooey glue tapes that came on the nails softened and came right off. I washed each nail with soap and water had to kind of roll them a little in the drying process on a paper towel couple times but they are like new...just need the new nail tape tabs I ordered and should be able to reuse them over and over again using less soaking time maybe just an hour after wear...this is great! Ordered the tape tabs off ebay....they come from Hong Kong and take about a month! to get here. I went to a beauty supply, to a couple of pharmacies and to walmart all they sell are the press on nails. They want you to spend more rather than supplying cheap pages of tape tabs so you can re use your nails.

I got them off using a pocket knife which was rather dull but it gave a thin wedge shape which I worked in from the edge of each nail or from the side I mean and slowly and carefully lifted and advanced to the point that I could peel each one off. you have to be careful not to use too much force because you could easily damage how they look if you bend them back too much making a crease you could not get out. But if you are patient it took all of about what? 5 minutes to get all the nails off my fingers undamaged.

The tapes were still adhesive enough to use again and I did...but the 3rd time the adhesion was pretty shot.

I would not use the glue because you would have to soak the nails in acetone which destroys them...

Press on nails are the best solution for me because I can stick them on in no time, remove them fairly quickly and I still will not go out to certain public locations with pretty nails on certainly not on the local military base. But out walking, jogging, driving, walking on the beach...why not? If the mother in law or my son's wife come I will take them off but am pretty much comfortable on my property in or out of the house wearing them perhaps for a couple days before I might need to go somewhere I would not want to wear them openly to...very close public areas..like walmart...nah... My son's wife he told me knows but does not want to see me dressed...Catholic, so I respect her wishes we get along just fine.
Go with the flow
Stephanie M
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Stephanie M »

Keay R. wrote:Eileen how do I sign her up? She had expressed an interest in joining; is the process the same as what I went through?
Have her sign up, PM the admin with her user name and she will approve her.
Well, we all have a face
That we hide away forever
And we take them out
And show ourselves when everyone has gone
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Update...went on ebay and ordered the nail tape tabs from Hong Kong...finally got here two sheets about 20 sets. The tapes are very thin gel like consistency of the kind originally on my nails when I purchased them. I put my nails on last night and through numerous washing's with soap and water and various lotions, I am 59 so moisturize moisturize moisturize...well a dab every morning and on my sun damaged fore arms with the bruise resolving dermend I use when I have bruises on my forearms.... I am a guy so I tend to bang into things especially caring for my wife tugging and re-positioning fooling with the side rails on the bed...sigh...Anyway What I have to report is that the nails are still firmly adhering through all of that...that's a lot of hand washing and work. Over the long haul pages of tape tabs allow you to re use your nails after cleaning the old tapes off over and over as long as you don't lose any and or damage them getting them off which does not seem too difficult. Anyway this should save money over the long haul for this girl at least...well gender nonconforming person.
Go with the flow
Cathey
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Cathey »

:oops: supper glue works the best, on false nails. #-o , amazon sells false nails by the hundreds, and it is cheaper then regular stores.
@@9@@ good luck and stay pretty
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

I love the press on nails. They are so easy and look great! I've been trying the dip acrylic lately and they are really, really difficult to get right. I'm not giving up yet, but press on are so much faster.