Where do you purchase accessories

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Shelby
Miss Emerald Goddess

Where do you purchase accessories

Post by Shelby »

I am trying to find places online where I can purchase some clip on earrings as well as some bracelets for larger wrists. I have found, and purchased, some earrings but I find it very difficult to locate anyplace online that offers a nice selection. I am not looking to spend a fortune but would like something decent looking.

As far as bracelets are concerned; I am assuming I need to find a place that sells for women with larger wrists as I have tried to put on some of my wife's jewelry and it just won't go past my hand.

Any other suggestions for online shopping (clothes, shoes; etc.) would be appreciated as well.
CharLee
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: Where do you purchase accessories

Post by CharLee »

Keay,

Try googling, cliptomania, or crazy 4 clipons.com in your search for earrings
Shelby
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Shelby »

Thank you for the sites CharLee; this is a great start. Any other recommendations ladies?
Noeleena
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Noeleena »

Hi,

Maybe I have to many contacts with in our groups so if I need something I,ll be given or do a few jobs and still get given , and theres not many shops I go to that they don't know me so again I ask and most know what I look for 1400 to 1700 Renaissance ,1900 - 14 and Scottisch , apart form my normal day wear,

Because I have so many friends I do get idears from them and we talk about what suits my styles of dress and what looks good .

2 nd hand shops some times auctions ,Paddys markets , and the like .

Some times its not what you know its who you know,

I have one friend who runs a 2 nd hand shop , so if I see something I get it , I don't pay I do work for her so works well may take s months to find what I need and when I do I have it .

get your self known go to your shops and tell them what you need and go from there, for myself some 50 years of buying things both for Jos and myself so because I,m well known its much better .

My close girl friends they know what I like all females I may add,

...noeleena...
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Hubby shopped at cliptomania until he got his ears pierced. For bracelets 'she' has the same problem. Try the stretchy kinds. Even the ones that have a hinge tend to clamp on too tightly.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Claire's has pretty good selections.

Don't pass up bracelets that have stretch bands.
DonnaT
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

First, are you talking bracelets (stretchy or flexible) or bangles (not stretchy)? If you are wanted both, Avenue has both. Also try Lane Bryant and Torrid. Watch their sales and clearance. A lot of times, depending on your wrist, most dept stores will have bracelets.

The clip earrings are easy, just a google away and as you were already told, the two biggie sites will show up in the list. Consider adapters/converters just in case you find a pierced earring you like. I like Charlie for pierced. The whole store is set up with color zones.
{squeezes}
Davita