Epilator question

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Alisa
Miss Emerald Goddess

Epilator question

Post by Alisa »

So my epilator is probably four years old now and even though I clean it regularly it is starting to become less effective. Granted that hair is much finer after years of waxing and epilation but I think it is time for a new epilator. I'm using one of those cheapie Braun corded models now and have been reading about the cordless wet and dry type...

Anyone have any advice - experience with the more expensive models?

Thanks.
Eileen (SO)

Re: Epilator question

Post by Eileen (SO) »

I've only heard that for the CD, cordless models are a waste. Not enough power to finish the task at hand.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Alisa
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Alisa »

Hi Eileen... thanks. I think I've heard that before. After so many years of plucking the hair is very fine and patchy... hardly any hair on my lower legs for example... so the cordless might just get the job done. The are soooo expensive though.
Alisa
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Alisa »

So this just seems like a gimmick... in my experience can't see how adding a razor will be a benefit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpVKNxVXSio
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

I agree, a gimmick. Shaving cancels out the need to epilate and visa versa. Both on one device should cost twice as much with the same result, perfect! And the cost of replacement blades?

If your hair is fine now, a cordless one should work. The expense is the convenience. One should never use a corded model in the tub.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Alisa that brings up some good questions. Do the heads of an epilator wear out? Can one buy replacement heads or is it cheaper just to buy completely new? My eplilator is about 4 years old also but I do not use it as much as I should, but it has had some heavy use. I have also noticed that it seems to be less effective than it once was. Cleaning does seem to improve the effectiveness, but not back to new.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Alisa
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Alisa »

OMG Kimberly... You are absolutely right! I googled "Replacement epilator heads" and sure enough. Amazon carries replacement heads for my Braun. Thank you honey! Hugs
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Alisa that is good to know. Let us know how the new ones work. I may have to order some for my wife's and mine.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Alisa
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Alisa »

Ok... looking a little more closely - the replacement head is almost $30 and a new epilator - same model - is like $44. Uggg!

I have only ever used the included brush to clean the head but think I'll try this before spend the money... http://www.epilatorcentral.com/how-to-c ... asy-steps/.

Even if cleaning doesn't work, it's still cheaper than waxing at the salon!