Sun dresses...

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Lacey Hadley
Miss Emerald Goddess

Sun dresses...

Post by Lacey Hadley »

On the west coast part of Canada we are about to have our first little heatwave this summer. It's gonna be hot and not too common here. It got me thinking about sun dresses, I do not own any but damn I wish I did now. Window shopping online I see so many cute sun dresses. I can only picture how comfy and enjoyable a cute sun dress can be especially in the summer time heat. I'm thinking about buying my first one. I feel that a sundress is probably one of the most comfy and cute 'n sexy dresses a genetic girl, t-girl and cder can wear.

Any thoughts and reviews about any sun dresses any of you here have and wear? :laptop: :coffee: :sigh:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. Ayn Rand
Eileen (SO)

Re: Sun dresses...

Post by Eileen (SO) »

A sun dress is so comfortable for a woman to wear on hot days. Especially when meeting friends for a lunch on a patio. Unfortunately, sun dresses have very little sleeves if any at all. Most CD's need to cover up shoulders and upper arms. A big scarf or light shrug/ cardigan will do the trick.

Paint your toes and wear sandals, enjoy the day! Oh, and buy a big hat. You'll look marvelous!

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Lacey Hadley
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Lacey Hadley »

Hi Eileen,

Yes, most I have seen have little sleeves or are off the shoulder styles and IMO look great on most women but can be not as good for us cders. I know for me I'm pretty conscious about my shoulders and arms, so most of my tops, dresses and such are either 3/4 sleeve or long sleeve. I have seen online a few sun dresses with longer and looser sleeves down to the elbows and some 3/4 length. I would feel a bit better with either of those. I like longer sundresses too down to your ankles but most will have long slits. I'm not one who wears a lot of patterns when dressing en femme, but for sun dresses I am really into bright colours and patterns including floral ones, they make my mind feel so feminine.

I love the idea of a cute hat too... I will also need some cute and sexy sandals too. I only have pumps and boots, so I may have to buy some cute wedge style sandals... I will have to make up my mind on number of choices I have seen.

I imagine as you say how comfy a cute sun dress can be especially on a hot day. :yes:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. Ayn Rand
Hanna
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Hanna »

I agree with Lacey.
In one of my last photo gallery photos I am wearing a sundress, definitely dated, but very comfortable.

I was nervous about my arms exposed, but went out for a day with it, and got several very nice smiles. Shave your arms and back.
I may have been pushing it a bit, but no one said "hey that's a man".
PaulaGarnet GG
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by PaulaGarnet GG »

Remember to use sun screen, you don't want to get the top of the girls sunburned! That area doesn't normally get a lot of sun. That was a lesson learned many years ago.

Paula
I'm a GG and love to chat with anyone, except people that hate.
Alisa
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Alisa »

I have a few sundresses and they all have spaghetti strap tops... no sleeves. Very revealing to say the least so if you're not comfortable showing a lot of skin, I would stay away from them. They are very comfy and very feminine. Oh and btw they usually are not intended to be worn with extensive foundation wear - I have to wear a bra and of course panties but nothing beyond that.