Favorite Shapewear brand

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Melissa Mac
Miss Emerald Goddess

Favorite Shapewear brand

Post by Melissa Mac »

Let's face it girls we all need a little help with our figure, even a cute curvy soccer mom. :roll: Seriously even many women consider shapewear to be a part of their daily underpinnings and many of those who don't should!

Obviously a corset is the optimum but give me a break. I have one and after struggling into it I can maybe do 2 hours in it at best before having to get out of it. Maybe for a picture session but for an evening out particularly where dinner is involved not a chance! I will admit to using a waist clincher but there is a big difference.

I have been wearing a girdle when dressed forever. My grandmother always said a lady always wears one. I have tried many styles and brands and have found that MiracleSuit line is the best. I use their waist clincher under a girdle or all in one. They are not cheap but quality seldom is. They have both firm and extra firm control models and I have both.

So what about the rest of you? What's your preference in shapewear?
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Re: Favorite Shapewear brand

Post by KimberlyS »

My preferred shape ware is the Flexees brand. But they have not been the same since they have been acquired by Maidenform. I still have some of their HWLLPGs that I just love. The are smoothing, stay put, and are comfortable.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

I really like Berdita corselettes. In particular, this one:

https://berditastore.co.uk/retro-shapew ... 1heb8fuvh4

I do agree with Melissa's comment about a corset being a pain, but it's the way I can get a waist that looks feminine. I don't go out. Mostly I find the thing stiff and constraining, but it's such a big deal to me having a passably convincing shape, I stick with it.

The Miraclesuit cinchers are available from a UK supplier and I might try one at one point. I've got a lot of Marks and Spencer body-shapers, simply because it's easy to walk into a store and buy one.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
RobertaRoberts

Post by RobertaRoberts »

For my two cents worth.....
Over the years, I've worn MANY different brands, styles of girdles but mostly, because of my figure issues (flabby lower tummy and muffin top and saggy tush), i look and feel better when i wear a girdle (and longline bra). Currently, my favorites are Miraclesuit style 2928, a high waist long leg panty girdle. Its very good at fixing my figure issues; i almost always wear opaque or semi opaque stockings or sometimes control top pantyhose. I must have 7 of them in two colors. Miraclesuit style 2924 is the brief style of the 2928. When worn OVER control top pantyhose it is, in MHO, wonderful to wear with a short skirt or shorts. Both styles are comfortable for all day and evening wear; initially its tight but after 10 minutes, you will feel firm and sleek and "jiggle" free . I always wear a good longline bra bra, like Rago or the remake of the Goddess 1304 by Cortland. BTW...I wear size 48B without forms.
I use to wear Custom Maid style 299 or 5780 (made from Tweave material) ..... both styles WERE wonderfully easy to wear but are no longer made. The 18 hour Playtex and the I can't believe its a girdle were great...conttolling and easy to wear all day. The rubber Playtex styles were great but very hot in the summer and fragile but took a little getting use to...firm. One of my all time favorites for everyday wear was the Cupid Duo-trol high waist long leg panty girdle...triple tummy panel, double hip and bum panels no zipper, it was a pillon style, EXTREMELY tight to put on but once on, wonderfully firm but comfortable. I also wear Spanx Encore high waist long leg panty girdles snd the brief equivalent, because of availability.
Sometimes, I'll wear an open bottom girdle and stockings (sometimes commando style but usually with underwear) snd always with a longline bra. Any questions or comments please PM. cheers Bobbie R
Penelope Carol
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Penelope Carol »

I especially like bodyshapers by Miss Mary of Sweden from the J D Williams website
Penny
RobertaRoberts

Post by RobertaRoberts »

As an addendum to my previous post, I've recently tried the offering from Honey love. Its construction resembles the old Gossard Answer high waist long leg panty girdle with the large X directly over my problem flabby tummy. The tummy bands sweep over to the hips, while two bum support bands lift and gently shape my "caboose". The high waist comes up to just under my bra band, eliminating the need for a long line bra. It comes with 2 detachable straps if you want or need some additional security. This girdle and its matching high waist brief girdle provides me the exceptional support and smoothing l have come to like. It comes in three styles/color combinations. The down side issue is its tight when first getting jnto it, take your time and gently work it up. The struggle is worth the effort. The first time I wore it, I found it to be comfortable (l wore it 14 hours) yet extremely controlling, read very firm. It has a split crotch for easy trips to the ladies room. I wore it with thigh high stockings as it does not have garter tabs or garters. This girdle could be worn over pantyhose but it may make trips to the ladies room difficult. The other issue is $$$$.....@$89. The brief style is slightly less $$, but just as effective for shorter skirts or shorts. The other issue is because of the degree of control it provides, l feel very soft and flabby when getting undressed. But this just me........ Google Honey love for further info and how to purchase and sizing. Try it you will like the results.....I did.
Cheers,
Bobbi R
Lauren
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Lauren »

Can I say none? :lol: Oh don't get me wrong here. Have some and wear them when the outfit needs something to help attain the look but to say a favorite, not a chance. Like most women the last thing I want to do is admit I need help with my figure but give me credit I do.

Not sure it is my favorite brand but probably the most prevalent brand of shapewear in my drawer is Spanx.
Some people are going to leave a mark on this world, while others are going to leave a stain
Eleanor Roosevelt
Ms Jane
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Ms Jane »

Rago. I love their obg 1294. I wear a girdle every evening after work and usually all day Sunday. I also wear stockings and find the combination to be extremely comfortable.
Wendy
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Favorite Shapewear brand

Post by Wendy »

I have 2 fave brands for shapewear, maidenform and the other is naomi and nicole. In particular torsette/singlets.

Both offer wide straps, are snug but not overly tight, and very comfy.