I have joined the rest of the tweezing world.

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

I have joined the rest of the tweezing world.

Post by Anne Bonny »

I hate having facial hair. Read there are about 100,000 follicles in the scalp so suppose about that many on my face! Ugh! I have never had a beard or mustache, have always shaved...I know men grow beards but I would not have one growing on my chin! to butcher Shakespeare. I suppose Electrolysis or lazerization are the two best methods but involve skilled medical personnel and costs hundreds of dollars and takes many hour long sessions. I have tried Nair facial cream but am not able to tolerate it my face always ends up red, inflamed and uncomfortably burned for a day or two and it is ineffective on the thick beard stubble, works on the fine shafts women tend to have but not on me. Nope. I always shave very close 5 bladed razor from 4 different directions and able to tolerate that every morning still the shadow and the stubble grows out again by the late evening. Gaw, my legs seem to last several days and do not grow fully back for about two months. But the beard is a problem.

Saw a favorite crossdresser on youtube who stated the the secret to her smooth facial skin is that she tweezes her facial hair and that it lasts 6-8 weeks... I also read that it can lead to scarring, but she looks as if she is on hormones her skin is so fair and soft and pretty. SO! I have started to tweeze before bed and before shaving in the morning, not wanting facial hair the stubble is difficult to grasp...then pull to give tension until the follicle releases the hair shaft and out it comes. Is it an ouch!? unfortunately but it is something to get used to, part of the price of desiring beauty...or a more feminine facial appearance that will not mess up my foundation or have the awful shadow requiring concealer and powder to cover and then I wind up lumpy in places .

I think the chinese state that the journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step and so it is even in the very discouraging number ... thousands of stubble hairs I see. I will have to spend a few minutes twice daily every day for the rest of my life to even come close to not having to shave anymore as a woman. Ladies should not have to shave. I hope in 6 to 8 weeks twice daily my plucking skills will be much better and that some of the hair may not come back. Short of several thousand dollars I hope this will work. Unless any here know of any other way? 100,000/56/2 means I would have to pluck 892 facial hairs twice a day to achieve anything like full removal! Well, maybe some of the hair will not grow back? and I figure over time I will in the least be able to lessen the shadow over the worst areas ... my chin and upper lip which is where I am concentrating currently.
Go with the flow
Carole Hill
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Re: I have joined the rest of the tweezing world.

Post by Carole Hill »

I have been using a tweezers to pull hairs from my face, arms and body for many years. I am sorry to inform you that you will have to repeat this procedure every day as hairs will keep appearing. There is some risk of getting ingrown hairs but I have not had a problem with this on my face.

Hugs, Carole
Hugs, Carole
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Thanks Carole. I suppose best I can hope for is to decrease the the shadow area on my face. Of course that area is the upper lip, around the mouth and the chin elsewhere it does not seem to be as intense. could be over a 6-8 week period tweezing twice a day I may be able to keep this area under control as that is how long it takes for a hair to grow back out to the surface.
Go with the flow
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

I tweeze some just under my nose around my lips, eye brows some to keep them clean, ears to keep the caterpillars off and a few stray ones here and there. The whole face is a bit unrealistic. And if you are tweezing that many I would think there would be a greater chance for more ingrown hairs. They make some they make some good after shave/hair removal specific lotions you may want to look into as they not only moisturizer but help with the pores after removal from my understanding. You should also keep your face well moisturized in general.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Thanks Kimberly, I do tweeze my eyebrows...pull out the wild hairs that are white, any that are, and I trim the black/dark brown wild hairs because my eyebrows are so thin. I do thin the inner brow to a straight edge angled a bit and I do from the iris to the outer brow thin from under the brow somewhat. I have heard coconut oil may nourish the brows? but I definitely need the aid of an eyebrow pencil to fill in just enough so that they look natural.

I am pulling perhaps 30 per day off my chin and under the lips, the ones on the upper lip are harder to grasp and pull because I shave so close they really have not grown out enough to grab them by the next morning, and I shave in the morning only.

I realize because it all grows back over a 6 to 8 week period best I can hope for is to try to thin the worst of my shadow area which is around the lips, upper lip and under them down around the chin.

Nair for the face burns the sensitive skin on my face leading to red inflamed tender skin for a day or two and is not effective. If there is another I may try it but believe they must all be sulfa based. I did read about the potential for scarring so my technique is to tug and hold until the hair loosens and begins to let go then pulling it out in the direction of hair growth...tweezing as gently as I can. ingrown hair...well my hair is not curly so perhaps the risk for that is less??
Go with the flow